Sign in with
Your question

Antec tricool fan

Last response: in Components
June 4, 2010 10:57:35 PM

I have an Antec Solo case with the tricool fan. The fan has a fan speed switch and a four pin (I assume) power connector. Can I connet the fan to the Asus p7p44D-E Pro Cha_ fan connector near the cpu fan connector? This way the fan speed is controlled byt the motherboard.
I have a four pin connector (that came with Seasonic S12II PSU) that is split into two four pin connectors that fit the fan connection on the MOB.

More about : antec tricool fan

June 5, 2010 4:18:21 AM

Yes you can plug it into the Cha_ fan connector.
June 5, 2010 4:39:24 AM

If I'm hearing this right all fan connections are uni-versal and can be controlled in the BIOS on newer set motherboards and some olders ones as well.
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
June 5, 2010 8:21:05 AM

No. the whole point of the tri-cool fans is that you use the switch on them to change the fan speed, the 4 pin molex you just plug in.

I have two of these in my mini p180, and I like that you can change the speed, but I'd much rather just have the motherboard regulate it, and be able to read out RPMs.

a c 243 ) Power supply
June 5, 2010 12:29:04 PM

lfforte said:

I have a four pin connector (that came with Seasonic S12II PSU) that is split into two four pin connectors that fit the fan connection on the MOB.

DO NOT plug floppy disk drive power connectors into your motherboard.
June 5, 2010 1:02:43 PM

delluser1 said:
DO NOT plug floppy disk drive power connectors into your motherboard.

OK I won't. Thanks for the warning. Then then I have to use the fan speed switch (H/M/L)
I thought it would be preferable to control fan speed via motherboard
a b ) Power supply
June 5, 2010 2:20:22 PM

those fans wont be able to be controlled by the mobo. thats why they have a built in switch...
June 6, 2010 1:49:32 AM

Sorry I'm so dang mixed up, I just have the BIOS regulate the fan speed and temps.
June 6, 2010 11:09:56 AM

SHANEMARINES said:
Sorry I'm so dang mixed up, I just have the BIOS regulate the fan speed and temps.

Using the solo same case and tricool fan plugged into motherboard?
June 10, 2010 5:52:07 PM

lfforte said:
Using the solo same case and tricool fan plugged into motherboard?

Well with the Tri-Cool fans if you don't mind the sound just place the fan speeds on high, but medium will work as well, just don't consider low an option because you might forget and be gaming with intense heat comming from the hardware.

Thanks for your question though.
!