Sign in with
Your question
Solved

X4 Workstation PCs

Last response: in Systems
March 25, 2010 5:43:21 PM

Hiya,

I work for a small business in the IT department, and have built a few PCs now. Well, the company I work for has 4 Windows 2000 pcs in use (under the guise, hey, if it's not broke, why fix it?) Well, after some convincing (and the employees being jealous of the newer PCs) they finally decided it might be a good idea to upgrade (running into the whole Office 2007 and later doesn't work on those machines) so they've asked me to price out some new machines. Since I would likely just be like "Hey, this is what I bought last time," I figured I would ask the community first!

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: two weeks or less BUDGET RANGE: 600-800 each

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Specific Non-Graphics Intensive Business Software (An entire front end package, Accounting/Customer Orders, etc., but, it runs on Windows 2000 easily...), Office 2007, Web browsing, Dual Monitor Usage, Terminal Server Usage (Citrix XenApp)

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Keyboard, Any Software except still need OS, Monitors, Mouse

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Newegg.com is my personal favorite, any is fine though. United States is Country of Origin.

PARTS PREFERENCES: Most of the PCs here are Intel parts, however, it's not that strong of a preference, anything works!

OVERCLOCKING: No SLI OR CROSSFIRE: No

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1280x1024 x2

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Doesn't need to be too fancy but dual monitors are a must.

Thanks again for any help in advance!

More about : workstation pcs

Best solution

March 25, 2010 6:08:58 PM

CPU: i5-750 $200
Mobo/RAM: Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 and Corsair XMS3 2x2 GB 1600 mhz CAS Latency 8 $220. Not my favorite sticks of RAM, but the combo is really good.
HDD: Seagate 7200.12 500 GB $55
Case/PSU: Antec 300 Illusion and Neo Eco 520W $120
Optical: Cheap SATA DVD burner $24
GPU: HD 5450 $50

Total: $669. You can maybe stick in a SSD to speed the boot and loading times.
April 1, 2010 12:22:02 AM

Best answer selected by malpraktis.
m
l
!