My new Mobo ASUS P658X Premium go BURNED!!!!!

sev3ns0uls

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2010
There was a small burn near the battery. Above the battery.....i know because i can smell the burned and there was a stain on the case.

so now my PC cannot boot up. Yes i did overclocked my i930 to 3.9mzh but i have a corsair H50 hydro cooling..

when trun on, everything is still running, the power is on, seem normal but its not booting.

my GPU, XFX hd 5850 black edition, every time turn on will make the fan run at ultra speed....

first i though it was the GPU fault but later its not because i try it with my other ati card and didnt boot up the pc too....

so next the PSU....nope...not either, because if the video card is running at ultra speed, then it cant be the PSU fault..

so it must be the motherboard!!!!

any advice guys??

i just got this built for only two weeks from Newegg and i was wondering if i can return the motherboard to exchange for a new one since its still under the 30 days warrenty???

help!!!

It's a decent performing CPU cooler but certainly not in the top echelon. It's not an automatic pass on not toasting anything.

But the location of the burn seems more likely a short was the cause.

sev3ns0uls

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2010

Im sorry, i have the ASUS P6X58D Premium mobo. NOT P658X!!!
The mobo should be fine for overclock because its what the mobo is designed for rite.

well i have corsair 850tx PSU so that is more than enough power....

The TX is a good PSU....jonnyguru gives it a 8.5 - 9.0 performance rating on the ones they have tested. The HX gets a 10 as does the Seasonic X series, Antec SG and CP series....many reviewers question whether that level of quality is required but if your looking for that extra 0.1 Ghz OC, it's great to have extremely stable power.