Why does my OCZ Vertex 2 SSD take a long time to optimize (help Plz)

Keiki646

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008
Why? it took about 30 minutes to Optimize and I'd happen to check my system and SSD life and it's at excellent performance.
Just got it not too long ago either about 3 months ago. Been doing that for sometime now and now It has come to my attention that
I made need to seek answers about why. I've correctly setup my ACHI before installing windows 7 on the SSD and another is on it but windows 7

System Mechanical 10.8 is what I use to boost and optimizing
All firmware is up-to-date as well. Sata cable are working correctly too

Anyone has anything to add to this?

Thank you

Solution
Nothing is wrong with your ssd or Iolo's Sytem Mechanic ssd optimization. It is a time consuming process. Half an hour to complete the process is fairly typical. Nothing to worry about.

Keiki646

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008

really, but buddies SSD switch is the same take less time than that and his is only in about 5 minutes time.

WyomingKnott - System Mechanic has two different utilities - one for hard disk drives and one for solid state drives. If a user accidently opens the window for hard disk drives all ssd's will be hidden from view and the hard drive utility will not defragment ssd's. The ssd utility does not defragment an ssd either. It's actually an ssd optimization utility- alignment, synchronization, errors, etc. etc.

BTW - Back in 2008 APACER developed an algorithm for a "partial ssd defragmentation" for their ssd's that worked fairly well but I don't think it caught on.