T:DS - Load Up Screens - Can these be disabled ?

When I start up the program I see :

(1) Eidos water graphics - Pretty but not needed.

(2) ION - Storm - green graphics also not needed.

(3) Thief font and sound credits. - Not needed in this location
they could have made a (A)bout area if they needed it that bad.

(4) Nvida AD - Also not needed.

(5) Sounds Blaster Audigy 2 advertisement - Also useless

How can I get rid of all that junk ?

--
"If confused why this or that is going on."
"I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"

Mike

Splendid

On 5 Oct 2004 16:21:02 -0700, Geneve wrote:

> How can I get rid of all that junk ?

Yes, it is junk. :) Go into your Thief -> System directory, then edit
default.ini:

under
[PCStartup]

change
ShowIntroMovies=True

ShowIntroMovies=False

And Robert's your mother's brother!

Hope this helps.

Mike

On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 03:34:25 GMT Mike said :

>On 5 Oct 2004 16:21:02 -0700, Geneve wrote:
>
>> How can I get rid of all that junk ?
>
>Yes, it is junk. :) Go into your Thief -> System directory, then edit
>default.ini:
>
>under
> [PCStartup]
>
>change
> ShowIntroMovies=True

> ShowIntroMovies=False
>
>And Robert's your mother's brother!
>
>Hope this helps.
>
>Mike

It looks a lot better now. Now it just loads at that
Thief screen where "G" is looking over the city.

Geneve

--

"Geneve" <a@n.com> wrote
> When I start up the program I see :
> (1) Eidos water graphics - Pretty but not needed.
> (2) ION - Storm - green graphics also not needed.
> (3) Thief font and sound credits. - Not needed in this location
> they could have made a (A)bout area if they needed it that bad.
> (4) Nvida AD - Also not needed.
> (5) Sounds Blaster Audigy 2 advertisement - Also useless
> How can I get rid of all that junk ?

I simply deleted all intro clips from CONTENT/T3/
VideoTextures-folder. Perhaps a bit brutal, but does
the trick - and frees a bit valuable disk space to
better use :)

"Geneve" <a@n.com> kirjoitti viestissä news:ck0msi01jb1@drn.newsguy.com...

> It looks a lot better now. Now it just loads at that
> Thief screen where "G" is looking over the city.

If you want to tune your TDS more towards The Classics (TDP & TMA), you
might want to take a look at "The Minimalist Project" by New Horizon:
http://www.timgormley.ca/~minimalist/

And if you enjoy tweaking your TDS, there're John P's great high-res
textures for TDS
http://www.graphics-by-john-p.com/textures/Thief-DS/index.shtml for added
eye-candy (they do look great, if your computer can handle the extra load).

Don't forget the T:DS Tweaker
http://www.gazchap.com/products/windows/t3tweak, or the ThiefBot:
http://www.team5150.com/~andrew/project.thiefbot/, either!

- Mika L

rms

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2003

I bet you've never seen the real intro movie either, they hid it, god knows
why.

The way you get it back is to edit your default.ini as follows:

[PCStartup]
ShowIntroMovies=True
ShortIntroMovies__t=d:\content\t3\VideoTextures\ThiefTrailerNoESRB.bik

(Change for your drive path) This gets rid of the ads and shows the intro
movie. Well worth the trouble.

rms

"rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> writes:

> I bet you've never seen the real intro movie either, they hid it, god knows
> why.

I think the intro movie shows if you sit at the start screen for
awhile without touching anything.

--
Darin Johnson
"You used to be big."