Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Few Cpu questions. how far can it OC. and what one is better.

Last response: in CPUs
Share
June 5, 2010 6:20:21 AM

Hello all. I have a few questions and i hope some of you can answer it.

I have thought about geting a cpu. and im not sure they all look so good but im not sure witch one is better and how far can they overclock. here they are

AMD Phenom II 1090T Black Edition Six Core Processor - 3.20GHz
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Quad Core CPU
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Quad Core CPU


thanks in advance.

More about : cpu questions

a c 83 à CPUs
a b À AMD
June 5, 2010 6:23:50 AM

All 3 of those processors typically hit a wall around 4.0Ghz. Individual chips vary in quality, what I mean by this is you could buy 2 Phenom II 965 and one will reach 4.1Ghz while the other can only reach 3.9Ghz. But it does seem most people are able to reach 4.0Ghz with those now as long as they've got good enough cooling.
m
0
l
June 5, 2010 6:32:09 AM

Quote:
1090T will do 4.2-4.3 quite easily on air.. More with Water
955 C3 - 4.2 on Water
965 C3 - 4.2 on Water

Had a 955 C3 and now a 1090T. Spend the money and the the 1090. It's an awesome processor


so the 1090 is better or they all the same ?
m
0
l
Related resources
June 5, 2010 6:34:23 AM

loneninja said:
All 3 of those processors typically hit a wall around 4.0Ghz. Individual chips vary in quality, what I mean by this is you could buy 2 Phenom II 965 and one will reach 4.1Ghz while the other can only reach 3.9Ghz. But it does seem most people are able to reach 4.0Ghz with those now as long as they've got good enough cooling.


i wish i can fine a gaming MB that supports 2 CPU

but the one im looking at now is only 1 cpu and thats the MSI 790FX-GD70 Motherboard - AMD 790FX

Thanks in advance.
m
0
l
June 5, 2010 6:40:31 AM

PsychoSaysDie i seen ur spec 4.6Ghz and you got the same bored i want. yea maybe il buy the 1090 Thanks. it does cost alot more then the other 2 cpu's
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
June 5, 2010 1:44:06 PM

^ Why would you want 2 CPUs for gaming? Not that many games will use all 6 cores of your 1090T, at least at the moment..
m
0
l
June 6, 2010 2:07:07 PM

fazers_on_stun said:
^ Why would you want 2 CPUs for gaming? Not that many games will use all 6 cores of your 1090T, at least at the moment..



i know but did i said i was looking for 2 no. only 1. the guy up said about 2 cpu.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
June 6, 2010 2:31:34 PM

garm84 said:
i know but did i said i was looking for 2 no. only 1. the guy up said about 2 cpu.


OK, my mistake - I thought you were looking for a dual socket mobo, like the Intel Skulltrail or AMD's QuadFX or something similar for desktop (and presumably gaming) purposes. Most dualies are server boards and they aren't designed for overclocking.
m
0
l
June 12, 2010 2:22:44 PM

fazers_on_stun said:
OK, my mistake - I thought you were looking for a dual socket mobo, like the Intel Skulltrail or AMD's QuadFX or something similar for desktop (and presumably gaming) purposes. Most dualies are server boards and they aren't designed for overclocking.


yea i for sure i would love 2 OC and no i dont want a sever i know nothing about a sever. but would love 2 learn some day. would like to build my own websites. and put them on a sever. use my own insaid of buying hosting severs.
m
0
l
!