Get a sneak peek of the next-gen GeForce GPU!

andy5174

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
http://www.nvidia.com/object/gf100.html

tesselation_off.jpg

tesselation_on.jpg

NVIDIA PolyMorph Engine: The Gold Standard in Tessellation
With the PolyMorph Engine, GF100 implements the world’s first scalable geometry pipeline with up to 16 individual tessellation engines on a single GPU. These engines deliver revolutionary performance in DirectX 11’s most important new graphics feature, GPU-accelerated tessellation. By allowing more detailed geometry to be packed into a scene, tessellation lets developers create more complex environments with beautiful visual clarity. Blocky edges are smoothed out, allowing game characters to be rendered with cinema-quality detail. And since tessellation is only applied to necessary areas, game performance is not compromised.

16xAA.jpg

32xAA.jpg

Faster, High Quality Anti-aliasing
GF100 implements a brand new 32x anti-aliasing mode for higher levels of image quality. And the GPU’s enhanced compression engine maintains incredible performance with anti-aliasing and resolution cranked up, providing both high framerates and top notch image quality.

real_time_physics.jpg

Real Time Physics
The GF100 compute architecture was designed to take NVIDIA® PhysX® technology to the next level—making games more lifelike than ever before with advanced effects such as turbulence and fluid dynamics. The new NVIDIA® GigaThreadTM hardware scheduler allows 10 times faster switching between graphics and physics processing, enabling more complex effects to be rendered in real time.

cinematic_effects_large.jpg

Advanced Cinematic Effects
The next generation CUDA architecture accelerates advanced gaming effects for crisper, more realistic visuals. Effects like motion blur, soft shadows, transparency, and depth of field are performed with incredible speed through full Microsoft DirectCompute support and atomic operations that execute up to 20 times faster than prior generation GPUs.

ray_tracing_large.jpg

Ray tracing: the future of gaming
GF100 brings interactive ray tracing to the consumer market for the first time, providing a glimpse into the future of visual realism in games. By tracing the path of light through a 3D scene, ray tracing uses the power of the GPU to create spectacular, photo-realistic visuals. Thanks to the innovative unified cache architecture in GF100, ray tracing runs up to 4 times faster than prior generation GPUs.

game_across_3panels.jpg

Prepare to be blown away by the most immersive PC gaming experience imaginable. Leveraging the power of multiple GF100 GPUs in an NVIDIA® SLI® configuration, NVIDIA® 3D Vision™ Surround enables a new level of eye-popping 3D stereo gaming, expanding your real estate across 3 panels for the ultimate “inside the game” feeling². And next generation GeForce GPUs provide the incredible graphics horsepower to run your game in 3D stereo, across 3 panels, at HD resolutions up to 1920x1080. Not ready to enter the third dimension? NVIDIA® Surround™ will also be supported with GF100 on non-stereo displays.

andy5174

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
LOL! I will be more than happy to work for nVidia if they accept a university student that hasn't graduated yet.

BTW, I bumped into this article while I was checking driver update a few minutes ago.

hallowed_dragon

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008

Well you seem to be doing a great job marketing their unreleased and possibly failed product.
All marketing and no play makes me a very bored pikachu.

andy5174

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009

Well, I just attached the page came across while I was checking for driver update a few minutes ago. :sweat:

hallowed_dragon

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008

Ok Ok...But next time put a preorder link so that I can go and preorder this awesomeness.

/Joking

andy5174

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009

Can you tell me how many HD5xxx threads are out there?

There are much more HD5xxx threads than Fermi ones!

Why don't you say "HD5xxx thread needs to be closed, don't need another HD5xxx thread, use the sticky that is already there"?