Problems when Copying to a New Hard Drive

matty

I am in the process of replacing my new hard drive to Maxtor 120gb Diomand
9(IDE). I used Maxblast 3 to copy my old drive to my new drive.
This all worked fine and when I restarted the PC with the new drive as the
master, the Bios recognised it ok and Xp started to boot up as normal.
However, when it gets to the stage in the xp load just before where you have
to select a user it stops and nothing happens.

Why might that be? what could I have done wrong? and what should I try to
resolve the Problem?

If you cannot get it fixed it only takes 47 minutes to reinstall Windows vs
6 hours of troubleshooting.