Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Need help optimizing my pc's gaming performance!

Tags:
  • AMD
  • Performance
  • GPUs
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
February 6, 2013 11:35:42 AM

First off, I am really new to computers. I have a Radeon 6670 GPU and a AMD Phenom Ii x4 965 Processor (4 cpus) 3.4GH.
My question is how can i make it work better? I am looking at the AMD Vidion engine control center and i see options like: High performance GPU clock settings, High Performance memory clock settings, and fan stuff. Would love some advice on how to change these up to get more performance outta my computer. And yes I know its a PoS GPU, and I cant replace it right now.

More about : optimizing gaming performance

a b À AMD
a c 296 K Overclocking
February 6, 2013 1:49:35 PM

What do you know about overclock? Is your 6670 a reference model?
Score
February 6, 2013 2:08:17 PM

saint19 said:
What do you know about overclock? Is your 6670 a reference model?

All i really know is overclocking makes your hardware work harder but at the cost of its life span. And i dont know what you mean by reference model >_<
Score

Best solution

a b À AMD
a c 296 K Overclocking
February 6, 2013 2:56:23 PM

Charon_Incarnate said:
All i really know is overclocking makes your hardware work harder but at the cost of its life span. And i dont know what you mean by reference model >_<

Yes, NO.

I think that you will need read a little about overclock in Google before get more performance of your hardware. Basically, overclocking is get more performance from your components, changing the default settings for a better and stable ones.

Regarding the life span, that's not really true since you will not see any dramatic change like a component dead in 1 or 2 years, even, you can re-sell it and never know when died totally.

Anyway, I suggest you read a little about overclocking in Google, download MSI Afterburner and start to check the BIOS of your mobo. Also, if you don't have a good cooler (NON STOCK COOLER), don't try to overclock the CPU.
February 6, 2013 8:22:36 PM

saint19 said:
Yes, NO.

I think that you will need read a little about overclock in Google before get more performance of your hardware. Basically, overclocking is get more performance from your components, changing the default settings for a better and stable ones.

Regarding the life span, that's not really true since you will not see any dramatic change like a component dead in 1 or 2 years, even, you can re-sell it and never know when died totally.

Anyway, I suggest you read a little about overclocking in Google, download MSI Afterburner and start to check the BIOS of your mobo. Also, if you don't have a good cooler (NON STOCK COOLER), don't try to overclock the CPU.

thanks i will check it that out. I bought my compy from a friend, it has like 6 fans, and a cooler master thing in there. Thanks for the info
Score
February 6, 2013 8:23:27 PM

Best answer selected by Charon_Incarnate.
Score
!