Sign in with
Your question

1st PC Build - Question?

Last response: in Systems
March 26, 2010 3:24:28 AM

Hi all, I just ordered all my PC parts from Newegg and I have 2 questions for the build. (1) I have seen alot of info on static protection, but are you supposed to plug in the PSU and keep it plugged in during the build? (2) Does anyone see any problems or conflicts with my components? Thanks in advance, BTW although this is my first post, I have followed this forum for a couple of years and it is a treasure trove of useful info.

Intel Core i5-750
ASUS|P7P55D-E PRO
G.SKILL Ripjaws 4GB DDR3 1600
SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128 Bit
Antec Three Hundred Illusion
Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W
Seagate Barracuda 160GB
Sony Optiarc 24X DVD/CD
Acer P235Hbmid 23" Widescreen LCD
Windows 7 64-Bit

More about : 1st build question

March 26, 2010 3:33:18 AM

This sticky should help...
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/274745-31-step-step-g...

And as for the build, I dont see any issues...It is a very good build but maybe little less powerful on the graphics for 1080p(If you want all the eye candies ON) but by no means weak though...
Anyways the mobo and the PSU can handle another HD 5770 in crossfire later on, which should be very powerful then...
March 26, 2010 2:52:15 PM

well i know that static shock can fry componites but i would'n worry to much about it

I've built several computers without static protection and they all end up fine with no problems

I think static protection is like an over protective mom JUST BE CAREFUL With the componites
handle them with care
AND DON'T RUB YOUR SOCKS AGAINST YOUR CARPET :D 

But relly its nothing to be worryed about [You'll do fine]

and BTW welcome to the computer building club
WARNING!!!!!!!! After you build your first you will never stop building and upgading and OCing until you have the very best
ans even then its not the best
technology advances sooo fast it is hard to keep up
but if you have kept up you have already won!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!
March 26, 2010 2:54:28 PM

BTW good system specs
You will be very pleased with your system!
!