Sign in with
Your question

Stock cooling replacement

Last response: in Overclocking
February 6, 2013 1:36:59 PM

Hi.
I have a core i3 Sandy Bridge 2120, and another PC for my girlfriend a celeron E2100.

The celeron has a standard heatsink, but the fans blades broke off due to too many years of abuse, i strapped a system fan to the heatsink but its noisy.

My question is, a Blizzard T2 Mini or a CM Hyper 101 vs standard cooling for the i3 system, since i want to get another cooler for my i3 and simply place the i3's stock fan on the Celerons Heatsink. I am scepticle about dirt cheap after market cooling.

Would a Blizzard T2 Mini or a Hyper 101 or a Vortex 211Q or P be better or worse than the standard cooling unit, since i cant find any information comparisons. Otherwise im going to just get a Coolermaster X dream LGA775 for my second PC.

inb4 everyone just says get a hyper 212. :D , i know is a good cheap cooler, but i would prefer to spend as little as possible since its a second PC and im not guna modify my very quiet main case
February 6, 2013 3:52:14 PM

Im not American, so no ebay for me, i have to buy at a shop so my options are pretty limited, to the couple that ive mentioned
m
l
Related resources
a c 121 K Overclocking
February 6, 2013 5:46:03 PM

untranslatedza said:
Im not American, so no ebay for me, i have to buy at a shop so my options are pretty limited, to the couple that ive mentioned

Just make certain that it will fit on a lga 775 socket.
m
l
February 6, 2013 6:28:12 PM

yes, but my question still remains, what the performance of any of those coolers vs stock cooler
m
l
a c 121 K Overclocking
February 6, 2013 6:37:58 PM

untranslatedza said:
yes, but my question still remains, what the performance of any of those coolers vs stock cooler

They are no better than the stock cooler. If your stock cooler fan is failing, they are a reasonable replacement. Cooling will be adequate, but under load, any cooler with a 92mm fan will spin up and be noisy.
m
l
February 6, 2013 6:47:28 PM

Will they be worse than the stock cooler ?
m
l
a c 121 K Overclocking
February 6, 2013 10:06:47 PM

untranslatedza said:
Will they be worse than the stock cooler ?

My guess is that they will be about the same, and adequate.
m
l
!