Sign in with
Your question

HIGHLY important on refurbished! PLZ!!

Last response: in CPUs
June 5, 2010 8:01:03 AM

OHH PLZ HELP!! I need some serious expert opinions on refurbished computers.

I was soo hung up on that $520 deal that I missed out on. I found something VERY similar to it, except, its not brand new its refurbished and the screen is a 17.3 led screen. I didn't really want such a damn huge screen, the cases are more expensive too but oh well. i just heard their battery life doesnt last as long and ahh. =/

Refurbished, is that okay to buy? For $528?

Display Type: Diagonal HD+ High-Definition HP LED BrightView Widescreen Display
Screen Size: 17.3”
Memory Size: 4GB
Memory Slots (Total): 2
Memory Slots (Filled): 2
Maximum Memory Supported: 4GB
Capacity: 320GB
HDD/SSD Drives Included: 1x 320GB
Drive Types: Hard Drive
Hard Drive Speed: 7200 RPM
Drive Bays: 1 HDD
Processor Brand: Intel
Processor Class: Pentium
Processor Type: Dual-Core
Processor Speed: 2.1GHz
Processor Number: T4300
Lifestyle: Entertainment
Condition: Refurbished
Operating Systems: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
Startup Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Graphics Description: Integrated Graphics
GPU/VPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M
Video Memory: up to 1695MB Total Available Graphics Memory
Video Interface: HDMI
VGA
Optical Drive Type: LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD±R/RW with Double Layer Support
Supplemental Drive Type: Media Reader
Capacity: 5-in-1
Media Types: Memory Stick
Memory Stick PRO
xD Picture Card
MultiMedia cards
Secure Digital
Audio Channels: Altec Lansing speakers
Audio Input: 1- Microphone input port
Audio Output: 1 - Headphone output port
Integrated Microphone: Yes
USB Ports (Total): 3
Audio Out Jacks: 1
Microphone Jacks: 1
VGA Ports: 1
HDMI Ports: 1
S-Video Connectors: N/A
Port Replicator/Connector: N/A
eSATA Ports: N/A
Communications Description: Integrated LAN
Intel WiFi Link 1000BGN
Interface Type: RJ-45 Ethernet Connector
802.11b/g/n Wireless Networking
Data Transfer Rate: Up to 300 Mbps
10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
Protocols: WIFI
802.11b
802.11g
802.11n

Keyboard Type: 101-key compatible with full size keyboard with integrated numeric keypad

Biometrics: Kensington MicroSaver lock slot
Accepts 3rd party security lock devices

Integrated Webcam: Yes

I don't understand this crap quite so much lol, it does have wifi or wireless or what not right?
a b à CPUs
June 5, 2010 8:39:13 AM

Its a good deal for the price, yes it is wireless internet ready. Refurbs are basically new, the are hand tested and any defects are fixed, before the sale.
m
l
a b à CPUs
June 5, 2010 10:15:01 AM

If you don't want to spend more than that budget,then it looks good,however i don't like and will never buy refurbished products,but that's my opinion.
And yes it has a Wifi
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
June 5, 2010 10:38:04 AM

I wouldn't worry about it being refurbished though, my laptop was refurbished.
Mine cost $800 a year ago when the parts new would run $1400 or so.

The laptop you have chosen isn't even a deal. It has a very weak processor for a refurbished laptop without a graphics card.

You should just buy a new laptop with a Core i3 330M. Its considerably faster and the price isn't far off. You also don't have to be stuck with a 17" screen. Would cost around $600 - $650. More expensive but definitely worth it.

Now you definitely don't want to be shafted with a 17" screen. My laptop is that sized and I regret it every day. Well not so much anymore becuase I stopped using it for class. Mainly because the thing weighs more than two textbooks and eats batteries like no tomorrow.

m
l
a b à CPUs
June 5, 2010 7:35:36 PM

I agree with ROFL the laptop is almost a riff plenty of new laptops between 5 to 6 hundred. I would consider and based laptops too as the integrated gpu tends to be better.
m
l
June 5, 2010 7:57:48 PM

I think you need to slow down. Quit kicking yourself over missing a deal that may or may not have been a good one. You don't even see on the specs you are quoting us that it says it has wireless and WiFi on at least 3 separate occasions. Take a couple weeks to get your deep breath and haunt woot.com. Refurbs, (roxors), are common and in fact preferred by some. Learn what you are looking for and with luck you'll be in a position to snatch it up the next time a sweet deal comes up or during the next woot-off. Even if you don't buy there you need to learn enough not to buy a bag full for regrets.
m
l
!