Only 1 computer access to the internet via VPN connection.

hakiinkiev

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2010
Dear users

I need urgent solution.. I have been trying to fix it over and over but could not get any success.. I have 1 desktop computer and 1 desktop at home and 1 wireless router at home. My new ISP established VPN connection. The desktop computer connected to the router with a direct cable.. and my laptop is connected to this router with wireless access.. I have VPN setup in both computers. Once i connected to VPN with my desktop computer, i can access to the internet. but at the same when i try to connect to internet with my laptop, it connects to VPN but it does not give any internet access.. and it is vice versa. when i try to connect to internet with laptop. there is no problem. but when i try to do the same thing with desktop computer, it connects to VPN but it does not give internet access.. What is the solution of this problem? If anyone can help me, i would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

hakiinkiev

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2010
I do not know why but the technician came home and created VPN connection from the Network and Sharing settings for computers.. It is like you dial numbers but actually you dont.. You only write username and password. and then click dial.. and then you connect to internet..

hakiinkiev

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2010
I am not so technical person but Technician came and they setup the cable issue.. There is long white cable coming from wall like ethernet cable and it is connected to the wireless router. and the ethernet cable coming from computer is also connected to the router. They made VPN setting at computer and it works now. but when i want to connect 2 computers at the same time. only 1 computer connects to internet..

G

Are you sure it's a VPN connection and not a PPPOE one? What type of Internet service do you have?

hakiinkiev

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2010
In Control Panel --> Network Connections under the Virtual Private Network Category the connection icon exist.. It is written on it Miniport WAN (PPTP).. and when i right click on the icon and click on properties, under the Network category it is choosen "PPTP VPN".. I really cannot understand anything.. Because once upon a time more than one computer could connect to internet at the same time.. but now only 1 can connect..

hakiinkiev

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2010
Are you sure it's a VPN connection and not a PPPOE one? What type of Internet service do you have?

In Control Panel --> Network Connections under the Virtual Private Network Category the connection icon exist.. It is written on it Miniport WAN (PPTP).. and when i right click on the icon and click on properties, under the Network category it is choosen "PPTP VPN".. I really cannot understand anything.. Because once upon a time more than one computer could connect to internet at the same time.. but now only 1 can connect..

I really cannot understand anything.. Because once upon a time more than one computer could connect to internet at the same time.. but now only 1 can connect..
It probably used to work when you had a different ISP that didn't force you to use a PPTP VPN connection. Does your new ISP limit your connection to a single system at a time? What type of Internet connection do you have? Cable or ADSL? Did you contact your ISP and ask if the router could be configured to establish the PPTP VPN connection?

hakiinkiev

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2010
I use Beeline as a service provider in Ukraine. Beeline offers subscribers new service - connection of apartments to the Internet for the speed up to 100 мbiт/sеc on technology FTTB and up to 8 мбит/with on technology ADSL.

I already asked them this question but they say that they are not checking routers settings etc.. With the same provider 1 was able to connect to the internet with more than 1 computer.

hakiinkiev

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2010

I use Beeline as a service provider in Ukraine. Beeline offers subscribers new service - connection of apartments to the Internet for the speed up to 100 мbiт/sеc on technology FTTB and up to 8 мбит/with on technology ADSL.

I already asked them this question but they say that they are not checking routers settings etc.. With the same provider 1 was able to connect to the internet with more than 1 computer.

hakiinkiev

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2010

Thank you for your help but who is that someone who is familiar with their setup? I could not find any up to now.:( but Thank you anyway..

I mean someone in Ukraine who knows about your ISP's configuration. It could obviously be a support person from your ISP. You wrote that you could connect several computers to the Internet before. Were you using a VPN? Can someone identify what has changed since then?