LGA 775 Pentium (R) D cpu heatsink compatiblity

wolfalba

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011
Hello all. I was wondering what kind of heatsinks are available for the Pentium (R) D 3.2 ghz cpu lga 775? I looked on newegg.com for heatsinks but i saw that there were a lot of lga 775 categories so i don't really know which one is compatible with the cpu i have. Sorry if this is a noob question, or if it has been asked before. Thanks for all the help

jpmucha

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008
The push-in mount is the style that you'd find for the Intel 'retail box' fans. The screw-in mount is a more robust mount (but sometimes requires having the motherboard out of the case for the initial mounting).

Pretty much anything that claims support for LGA775 will mount. The other design issue is the TDP of the cooling solution. Depending on the exact model, the 3.2 GHz Pentium D is 95 or 130W TDP. This is a measure of the heat the cooling system needs to dissipate. This is relatively high, so you'll want a strong cooling solution.

Several people here are suggesting the Cooler Master Hyper 212+. I haven't used this exact one, but am very happy with a similar design.