What kind of troubleshooting tools are needed for a complete new build

skyturnred

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
I know I can google this, which I have, but the only results I get are specific programs that anyone could have recommended.

So here is what I would like to know. I plan on buying a 100% complete new build, and when I get it I want to make sure everything is working perfectly. So what kind of tools will I need? I know I will need some kind of memory test... and some kind of test that will let me know my processor is working properly.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Solution
Check out Step 10 of the "Step-by-Step Guide to Building a PC" sticky at the top of the Homebuilt section. It has a bunch of benchmarking and troubleshooting programs that would be good to run. Some of them you'll only need if you have problems, like MemTest86+.
Check out Step 10 of the "Step-by-Step Guide to Building a PC" sticky at the top of the Homebuilt section. It has a bunch of benchmarking and troubleshooting programs that would be good to run. Some of them you'll only need if you have problems, like MemTest86+.

Solution

skyturnred

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009

OK thanks. I do read stickies... but I guess I should have read it a little better rather than just glance at it to see if it solves my problem