Solved

What kind of troubleshooting tools are needed for a complete new build

I know I can google this, which I have, but the only results I get are specific programs that anyone could have recommended.

So here is what I would like to know. I plan on buying a 100% complete new build, and when I get it I want to make sure everything is working perfectly. So what kind of tools will I need? I know I will need some kind of memory test... and some kind of test that will let me know my processor is working properly.

Thanks in advance for your help.
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about what kind troubleshooting tools needed complete build
  1. Best answer
    Check out Step 10 of the "Step-by-Step Guide to Building a PC" sticky at the top of the Homebuilt section. It has a bunch of benchmarking and troubleshooting programs that would be good to run. Some of them you'll only need if you have problems, like MemTest86+.
  2. MadAdmiral said:
    Check out Step 10 of the "Step-by-Step Guide to Building a PC" sticky at the top of the Homebuilt section. It has a bunch of benchmarking and troubleshooting programs that would be good to run. Some of them you'll only need if you have problems, like MemTest86+.

OK thanks. I do read stickies... but I guess I should have read it a little better rather than just glance at it to see if it solves my problem
  3. Best answer selected by skyturnred.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Google New Build Systems