How much is my PC worth?

Hi everyone, ive recently built this computer. it is my first ever build and just wondered how much it would be worth if i were to sell it? also any opinions on what extra's to get? soundcards etc. thanks in advance

Case: Coolermaster Elite 330

PSU: OCZ ModXtreme 600W

Processor: Core I5 750 2.66Ghz (cooled by Arctic cooling freezer 7 pro)

Motherboard: Asrock p55 pro

Memory: 4GB GSkill Ripjaws 1600Mhz

HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB

GPU: XFX hd5770 1GB
7 answers Last reply
More about worth
  1. Off-hand? .. I'd say about $1050
  2. Using Newegg...and NO combo deals...the cost to buy the components you have listed is $878 shipped to my doorstep.

If you are going to sell it...as a whole...w/o Operating system...I would not pay over $600

To me, it's not worth it to buy used equipment, unless the price is 30% or less than new cost.

The potential troubles with a used system are not worth my time/effort.
  3. I originally said $850 but didn't want OP to "feel bad" if they had paid more ...
  4. As the saying goes, "it's only worth as much as someone would pay for it". I'm with snowgoer. If you've put it all together and used it, I wouldn't pay more than $600 for it. If it's all new parts that haven't been used at all (i.e. still in sealed boxes), you could probably part it out for around $700.
  5. Rule of Thumb - Take your build cost and then subtract 10% .... then 5% for each month of age for 6 months (60% value at this point) ... then 10% for every 6 months thereafter.
  6. What extra's you could add is an OS installed and other "necessary" programs. Obviously someone who's going to buy a used system would like it boot up with an actual OS.
  7. Do you have the original OS disk ??
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems