AA problem, please help me out..

Palmboom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
Hey guys.

I've joined tons of forums and who-knows-what, but it seems I can't get a solution for my problem. I really, really hope one of you can help me out.

Here's the thing:

I'm playing Battlefield: Bad Company 2 at the moment. Great game, but there is a problem. I can't get the Anti-Aliasing higher than 1X. No 2X, no 4X etc. It just says 1X and then it's an empty white box from there.
On WinXP/Dx9 that would make sense, but not in this case, because:

* I have Vista (comes with Dx10)
* My graphics card (HD Radeon 4770) supports DX10
* Dxdiag shows I'm using DX10
* I have the latest drivers
* I have the latest game update
* I've also tried adjusting the settings.ini (Dxversion from auto to 10, doesn't work either)

Forcing in Catalyst doesn't seem to make a significant difference, I just want to adjust the AA ingame...

This strange issue has been annoying me for the past 3 days now, so I would be very glad if someone could help me!

What other settings are you using and what is the native resolution of your monitor?
That game is hard on the system requirements, particularly so at higher resolutions/settings, perhaps it is just blocking the change to prevent too large a performance hit.
As a general rule you should only change AA settings ingame, forcing them through the drivers can have a severe impact on performance.

Palmboom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
The resolution I'm using is 1680x1050 (Syncmaster 206BW).

Other settings are on high/medium, to compensate the absence of AA.

I'll put Catalyst to basic and lower the settings/resolution to see if that helps.

Palmboom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
Well it didn't.

Catalyst application controlled + Low settings and lower resolutions don't give me an AA-option. :(