Sign in with
Your question

AA problem, please help me out..

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 10, 2010 4:43:08 PM

Hey guys.

I've joined tons of forums and who-knows-what, but it seems I can't get a solution for my problem. I really, really hope one of you can help me out.

Here's the thing:

I'm playing Battlefield: Bad Company 2 at the moment. Great game, but there is a problem. I can't get the Anti-Aliasing higher than 1X. No 2X, no 4X etc. It just says 1X and then it's an empty white box from there.
On WinXP/Dx9 that would make sense, but not in this case, because:

* I have Vista (comes with Dx10)
* My graphics card (HD Radeon 4770) supports DX10
* Dxdiag shows I'm using DX10
* I have the latest drivers
* I have the latest game update
* I've also tried adjusting the settings.ini (Dxversion from auto to 10, doesn't work either)

Forcing in Catalyst doesn't seem to make a significant difference, I just want to adjust the AA ingame...

This strange issue has been annoying me for the past 3 days now, so I would be very glad if someone could help me!

More about : problem

a c 177 U Graphics card
March 10, 2010 5:32:12 PM

What other settings are you using and what is the native resolution of your monitor?
That game is hard on the system requirements, particularly so at higher resolutions/settings, perhaps it is just blocking the change to prevent too large a performance hit.
As a general rule you should only change AA settings ingame, forcing them through the drivers can have a severe impact on performance.
March 10, 2010 5:53:13 PM

The resolution I'm using is 1680x1050 (Syncmaster 206BW).

Other settings are on high/medium, to compensate the absence of AA.

I'll put Catalyst to basic and lower the settings/resolution to see if that helps.
Related resources
March 10, 2010 5:59:36 PM

Well it didn't.

Catalyst application controlled + Low settings and lower resolutions don't give me an AA-option. :( 
March 10, 2010 7:33:14 PM

Anyone? :( 
!