ob1k33

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
Hi guys. I have just recently acquired an Asus a8n32 sli deluxe motherboard. The problem with the board is that it does'e not POST at all, no beeps or anything. i tried running the system with as little components as possible with no change. one strange thing is that the green light on the board is always on until i unplug the power cable, another thing that i came to realize is that after pluging the system speaker to this board it no longer works on my other Board (i have 2 presumably dead sys-speakers already). im in serious need of help.

Thanks in advance for considering my post

ob1k33

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
thanx storm for taking time to reply storm,
i just went over the list and im pretty sure none of that is the cause of my problem.

ob1k33

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
Thanx again storm,

i just read the post you suggested. I actually did try to build the system bit by bit (in fact my set looks pretty similar and is on top of a table with no case) but the problem is that there are no beeps whatsoever, even when i was down to no cpu on the board. and the system speaker (beeper) always ends up not working after i plug it to the faulty board.

ob1k33

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
Very true storm, strange thing is that the speakers seem to go bad when i put them on the faulty motherboard. The first speaker i used was borrowed from a running k8m800 micro am2 board and immediately after testing it with the faulty board it stopped working on the k8m800, so i took another speaker and tested it on the k8m800 and it worked but once again after trying it on the asus board it didnt make any beeps on the k8m800

ob1k33

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
i hear you man, just my pocket is very deep now, and the a8n was like a holy grail for a moment what a waste.