Sign in with
Your question

Asus a8n32 sli deluxe no beeps

Last response: in Motherboards
November 29, 2010 8:33:55 AM

Hi guys. I have just recently acquired an Asus a8n32 sli deluxe motherboard. The problem with the board is that it does'e not POST at all, no beeps or anything. i tried running the system with as little components as possible with no change. one strange thing is that the green light on the board is always on until i unplug the power cable, another thing that i came to realize is that after pluging the system speaker to this board it no longer works on my other Board (i have 2 presumably dead sys-speakers already). im in serious need of help.

Thanks in advance for considering my post
November 29, 2010 9:30:58 AM

thanx storm for taking time to reply storm,
i just went over the list and im pretty sure none of that is the cause of my problem.
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
November 29, 2010 9:35:15 AM

One thing... the green light one the motherboard since the power is supplied from the PSU. So it will be on till the PSU gets the power. About the post, forgot to mention, especially perform the breadboarding steps. Which is at the bottom of the link. This would allow you to single out your problems to one component..

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/page-262730_13_0.ht...
November 29, 2010 10:05:10 AM

Thanx again storm,

i just read the post you suggested. I actually did try to build the system bit by bit (in fact my set looks pretty similar and is on top of a table with no case) but the problem is that there are no beeps whatsoever, even when i was down to no cpu on the board. and the system speaker (beeper) always ends up not working after i plug it to the faulty board.
a b V Motherboard
November 29, 2010 10:09:08 AM

I think the PC speakers have gone bad. Even mine doesn't work. But since i have no problems yet, i can manage. At times like these, you realize how important the PC speakers are!
November 29, 2010 10:46:24 AM

Very true storm, strange thing is that the speakers seem to go bad when i put them on the faulty motherboard. The first speaker i used was borrowed from a running k8m800 micro am2 board and immediately after testing it with the faulty board it stopped working on the k8m800, so i took another speaker and tested it on the k8m800 and it worked but once again after trying it on the asus board it didnt make any beeps on the k8m800
December 1, 2010 8:40:39 AM

i hear you man, just my pocket is very deep now, and the a8n was like a holy grail for a moment what a waste.
!