Sign in with
Your question

Graphics Card Upgrade

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 10, 2010 6:38:19 PM

I have a Dell E310, and installed an ATI Radeon LX9200 graphics card but it did not work. Is this card compatible with the E310?

More about : graphics card upgrade

a b U Graphics card
March 10, 2010 7:25:01 PM

LX9200, you sure, the E310 has an old Intel 915 mobo, but the card should work. Exlain your problem.
March 11, 2010 1:13:44 AM

Yes, I thought the card would work also, however, after installing, with the monitor connected to onboard graphics, I had nothing but a black screen after boot-up. I switched the monitor to the graphics card and had the same thing. I then shut down the computer, installed drivers, connected to graphics card, and booted up. Still had black screen. Any help you can give me would be great.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
March 11, 2010 1:22:14 AM

Um when PC boots press F2 or 12, enter main menu, find a section that controls video, there should be a setting where you can toggle whether to use onboard or add-in graphics, on my mobo it was Onboard/ PEG, if it detects a graphics card it disables the onboard and switched boot to video card, remember to switch monitor plug from onboard plug to video card!
March 11, 2010 1:26:06 AM

I'll give it a try. Thanks.
March 11, 2010 2:19:12 AM

Ok, I went into the BIOS and the video was set to automatic. I installed card, connected to onboard graphics, and booted up. The monitor came alive. Good so far. I installed ATI CCC and rebooted. The onboard graphics still works, however, the graphics card does not. I just get a black screen.
a b U Graphics card
March 11, 2010 2:39:49 AM

You need to set the Video card to primary display adaptor. If you do not want to run multiple monitors dissable onboard video.
!