Windows Log on Screen query

When I am at the log on screen windows tells me I have 16 unread messages and
when I click on that line is lists all the hotmail addresses that have
messages in them. I have checked those emails but windows insists I still
have unread mail in them. Is there a way to turn this feature off?
3 answers Last reply
More about windows screen query

    On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 13:39:04 -0800, Flick wrote:

    > When I am at the log on screen windows tells me I have 16 unread messages and
    > when I click on that line is lists all the hotmail addresses that have
    > messages in them. I have checked those emails but windows insists I still
    > have unread mail in them. Is there a way to turn this feature off?

    I use TweakUI to remove the mail notification on the Welcome screen.
    TweakUI is one of the Power toys for XP. A link to the download can be
    found here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/default.mspx

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    Thank you Sharon!! :)

    I don't understand why it does that because I always log out of my hotmail
    accounts and make sure to click that I don't let it automatically log on
    either. How is it still accessing my hotmail accounts? Is there a flaw that
    allows the computer to log into your hotmail account without you?

    On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 18:33:05 -0800, Flick wrote:

    > Thank you Sharon!! :)
    >
    > I don't understand why it does that because I always log out of my hotmail
    > accounts and make sure to click that I don't let it automatically log on
    > either. How is it still accessing my hotmail accounts? Is there a flaw that
    > allows the computer to log into your hotmail account without you?

    You're welcome! Why does it happen? Simply put: Mail notification is an
    interesting option but it doesn't work correctly all of the time.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Configuration Microsoft Windows XP