No post, no life new build

pam39

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
I bought an asus P7P55D-E LX mob, 2x2gb corsir DD3 ram (XMS3), be quiet staight power 680 psu, intel quad core i5-750 cpu and GTX 285 Graphics card. Built it, and green standby light lights up on mob but absolutely no other sign of life from any of the other components. Reseated everything, checked wires, tested psu with another pc and that is working fine. Appreciate any help, advice, info. Thank-you

pam39

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
I did RTFM honest, its not my first build so i read that when i was doing my first build and referred to it for my new build too. I will give everything another go though. Thanks. :pt1cable:

pam39

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
Way to give it another go, I will let you know how I get on, fingers crossed been at this 2 days now.. Patience, I know.

The "boot problems" thread has a link to my breadboarding thread where one paragraph describes building and testing in stages for troubleshooting.

Very bare basics is CPU & HSF, motherboard, PSU, and a system speaker. When you try to turn on the system, you should hear long single beeps indicating memory problems. If you get silence, in most likely order, the PSU, motherboard, or CPU is bad.

pam39

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
Took it right back to bare basics, nothing happens except the standby light on the mob is lit. Contacted seller and sending mob, psu and cpu back; they will test the components. Thanks anyway people, info and advice appreciated.