Matrox G450 MMS Quad Card and Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

obloxeon

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
Fantastic. I tried contacting tech support at Matrox and all they did was say support wasn't there and look at purchasing a different card from them which is that last thing I want to do when I already own this card. 2D desktop minus 3d effects is perfectly fine for for the stock streaming applications I would like to use on the monitors connected to this card. One last thing, will this play nice with one or two cards in the pci-e slot? The reason I ask is ideally I'd like to have a solid gaming card hooked up to a larger high-resolution monitor and then have the matrox card hooked up to four 4:3 monitors for stock streaming. That way I can get the best of both worlds. Obviously this is an idea right now but if it turns out to work that way, I can get to checking out on Newegg. I'd be using an AM3 mobo w/ dual pci-e slots, 3 regular pci slots, quad core and 4GB of ddr3 1600 ram so I don't think resources will be terrible at the moment. I appreciate your reply. Thanks in advance!

That's more of an issue, I found when I was using the G550 PCI alongside even the intel GMA, it would not recognize unless I disabled the GMA, whereas in XP it worked fine.

I don't think you can run the 'starter' edition type of windows7 desktop alongside anything with higher driver support. So I can't advise on that other than it didn't work for me. It might work for you though, and if you've already got the gear, no harm in trying, but if you're scouting the egg for gear, I can't be sure about that to the point of advising.

pplum

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2010
Exactly which WDDM driver did you get working with Windows 7? I'm using Win 7 Ultimate x64.

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/support/drivers/

On the Matrox site, there doesn't seem to be any WDDM drivers that support the MMS series cards, only XDDM/WHQL. I tried the Vista x64 XDDM for MMS etc (2.09.00.158 SE U) and Vista x64 WDDM (3.01.00.230 WDDM M WHQL) for M-Series, neither worked.

Thanks in advance for your help.

pplum

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2010
Nope, I had to keep a separate XP installation in order to use the card properly.

G

Hi there ,
I have the same Graphics card "Matrox Millennume G450 DualHead"
and i downloaded the XP version Driver .
At the start it did not let me to install it becuase it's not the same operating system (i use windows 7).
But i change the competibility of the file to windows XP servise pack 3 , it worked !
Allthow I can't use the aero effects .

Tsvika Damri
Israel .

Status
Not open for further replies.