Fresh install Windows 7 with new video card (sound trouble)

jwfc

Distinguished
May 19, 2009
I had an old video card (Asus EAX 1600XT) and I could play sound fine. I just did a fresh install on Windows 7 with the Sapphire HD 4670 and I am not getting any sound. What it looks like in my device manager, is it says Digital Audio (S/PDIF) working, and ATI DP Output not connected. I think it's asking for the HDMI connection from this video card (just my guess). I have an ABIT IP35 Pro Mobo and although I have installed the audio drivers for the mobo, it doesn't appear in my control panel. I think the Video card sound is taking priority over my Mobo sound. Is there a workaround?

Also, I am getting an unknown device in my device manager for
ACPI\ABT2005
*ABT2005

Does anyone know what those two mean? I saw someone had a similar problem where they installed uGuru. I ran the Q-Install with my install disc from the IP35, and I thought that would clear it up, but it did not. Is the uGuru utility not on the install disc? Thanks. :hello:

ATI sound through HDMI... video and sound is a reality on ati cards.

OP.. did you open up the sound in control panel and select the device you wanted ? Also, did you try uninstalling all ati drivers and the doing an advanced install when you reinstall so you can deny the installation of the sound drivers and only install the video driver ?