Tags:
  • Tuner Cards
  • TV
  • Software
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 10, 2010 7:54:48 PM

Hello,
I want to record a TV signal with minimum quality loss.
The signal comes from my decoder via RCA cables, and I belive is digital TV, but not HD.
I have a Asus P7131, but I dont know if it is able to record with minimum quality losses.

1. Should I get another device?
2. Is there a big diference between the various TV cards and external video capture devices?
3. What software should I be using?

Thanks in advance

NOTE: When I capture using my TV card and the included software, wich is CyberLink's PowerCinema / PowerDirector I get decent quality but I dont know if its the best possible, plus I dont have many options in codecs (the software pretty much sucks big time).

More about : record minimum quality losses

March 11, 2010 1:36:32 AM

RCA, you mean coaxial cables right. The one that plugs antennas to TVs?
m
l
March 12, 2010 3:44:33 PM

No, RCA is a group of 3 cables that carrie video (yellow) and audio (white and red). They are very common. For example Playstation 2 comes with a cable for RCA connector (at least here in Europe)
m
l
Related resources
March 12, 2010 6:39:48 PM

I looked on their product page and they say it accepts analog TV inputm so it might not work. Most TV cards accept input of coaxial not RCA. Check if your decoder can output in coaxial. Use the software provided with your tuner card or if you have it Window XP Media Center Edition, Vista Premium, and 7 have media center which allows you to record on your PC, and surf channels.
m
l
March 15, 2010 4:28:29 AM

mister g im sorry but you havnt read my post at all. I have the system already set up and working, what I want to know regards best recording quality, and to get that im asking:

1. Should I get another device?
2. Is there a big diference between the various TV cards and external video capture devices?
3. What software should I be using? (that is, to get the best quality and codecs)
m
l
March 15, 2010 12:11:03 PM

I am about to get a new TV card soonish - last one was DOA and well that was over a year, maybe 2 back...

Anyway - back then when I was looking, I saw to look out for:

Output resolution - many were very low res
Quality of signal reception - many gave poor picture even in Strong signal areas
Almost All the mini supplied arials were a waste of time - you need to connect to main house one.
Speed of channel change - some are Real slow
The Digital TV guides - many were so poor they almost didn't work or half worked...

oh, and of course - go for a dual channel one so can record as well as watch.

Would love to hear up to date info on the latest and greatest myself :) 
m
l
!