I3770k & P8Z77-V PRO, need help squeezing out some more

Hi, just started overclocking for 2 hours last night. I still have a long way to go. I haven't overclocked in years (so much has changed since Wuzy's guide hahaha!). It seems much easier now.

Anyway, I'm still a little confused with offset vs load line calibration.

This is where I'm at:
-running at 4.7ghz stable
-offset = -0.2
-LLC = medium (25%)
-temps = 38 idle, 75 average on load, 79 max on load (using CoreTemp). However, ambient temps were low, it was cold last night, I think room temperature was around 60F.
-cooler = Noctua DH-14
-base clock = 100
-multiplier = 47
-most other settings = auto
-draws about 12W on idle (cant remember the exact voltage), and I think the voltage gets to ~1.28 or something around that on load)

1) Is having 25% LLC bad? I read I should start at regular (0%) and see if I can get a stable clock there. I tried somewhat, but only got to 4.6ghz with offset -0.1 and still unstable, so I gave up and used some LLC. Should I be going back to 0% LLC and rather increase the offset? Would the temp increase in upping offset be higher than using 25% LLC (temps seems to go up 5-8C with 25% LLC)
2) Is there anything else I should be changing? Is there a P8z77-V PRO + i3770k overclocking bible available?

Thanks!
4 answers Last reply
More about i3770k p8z77 squeezing more
  1. PS. I used this guy's exact settings except used offsets that came with the latest BIOS (1806 I think): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnH0luwrcfE
  2. Another question - I have a Radeon 5770. Shall I disable the onboard GPU (not sure if that's being OC'ed). If so, will this help with temps? TY.
  3. Guys, I also have this RAM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=20-231-615&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=10&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Keywords=overclock&Page=1#scrollFullInfo

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-1866C9D-16GXM

My goal would be to get it to 2133Mhz but my first attempt last night failed (all I did was select 2133 in the BIOS and up the DRAM voltage to 1.65V). This failed and I didnt have time to do anything else. Was there another setting I should have changed to get it to work. I read that these modules can run one speed up with slightly higher volts. TIA.
  4. RAM's not always that easy. Try loosening the timings.

As for overclocking... You only have 1.28vcore for a 4.7Ghz overclock? That cant be stable? Try running Intel Burn In Test. I have a 3570k and I need 1.38vcore for 4.7Ghz.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Overclocking Product