Best Gfx card fot T3

Is there a general opinion or set of ratings somewhere that suggest which
Gfx card Thief3 works best with?

All I know is, my card is a non-starter...

JJ (UK)
4 answers Last reply
More about best card
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "JJ-UK" <Bwa.Ha.Ha.Ha.Ha@so.funny.com> wrote in message
    > Is there a general opinion or set of ratings somewhere that suggest which
    > Gfx card Thief3 works best with?
    >
    > All I know is, my card is a non-starter...

    I ran it on an XP3200+ with 1 gig of RAM and a 128Mb 8500. It was a slide
    show at 800x600 with low settings. Went to a 9800 Pro 128Mb and it is
    flawless at 1280x1024 with everything maxed.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    On the 15 Oct 2004, "JJ-UK" <Bwa.Ha.Ha.Ha.Ha@so.funny.com> wrote:

    > Is there a general opinion or set of ratings somewhere that suggest which
    > Gfx card Thief3 works best with?

    I'm not sure about the best, but if you shop around you can get a
    Radeon 9800 Pro for a really nice price. A while back, the smart money
    was on buying the previous top-line card, and it looks like that advice
    still holds.

    --
    Jades' First Encounters Site - http://www.jades.org/ffe.htm
    The best Frontier: First Encounters site on the Web.

    NOSPAM@jades.org /is/ a real email address!
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    "Augustus" <augustus@wrtt.net> wrote in message

    > "JJ-UK" <Bwa.Ha.Ha.Ha.Ha@so.funny.com> wrote in message
    > > Is there a general opinion or set of ratings somewhere that suggest
    which
    > > Gfx card Thief3 works best with?
    > >
    > > All I know is, my card is a non-starter...
    >
    > I ran it on an XP3200+ with 1 gig of RAM and a 128Mb 8500. It was a slide
    > show at 800x600 with low settings. Went to a 9800 Pro 128Mb and it is
    > flawless at 1280x1024 with everything maxed.

    Thank you. I've seen some pretty damning 'Reader Reviews' of this card
    though (see the designtechnica website). Have you not had any trouble with
    it?

    Mind you, it's all a bit moot at the moment since one of my PC components
    keep blowing up my PSUs...

    JJ (UK)
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?)

    > Thank you. I've seen some pretty damning 'Reader Reviews' of this card
    > though (see the designtechnica website). Have you not had any trouble with
    > it?
    >
    > Mind you, it's all a bit moot at the moment since one of my PC components
    > keep blowing up my PSUs...

    I've never read or heard of any complaints about the 9800 Pro's performance
    in Thief3. There are some driver issues with older versions of the Catalysts
    causing shadow flickering, but these have been resolved in the last 2 driver
    releases. The 9800 Pro is the best bang for the buck out there ATI wise.
    It's an excellent card for Thief3. Friend has a 9600XT and Thief 3 is just
    fine at 1024x768 with it. My 9800 Pro also runs Doom3 at 1024x768 on high
    settings with 2X FSAA on my box with no lags anywhere.

Games Video Games Product