Wireless router forums

G

Hello,
I have just purchased a used Netgear ADSL DG834GV2 as my first wireless router, purely to play the Wii across the Net. I am having a nightmare connecting it and have a constant amber flashing Internet light.
All cables are plugged in correctly, I have left the router to search for Ip address etc, and I have reset settings many times. Can anyone out there help as it's driving me nuts!!!!! Cheers, Dan

Hello,
I have just purchased a used Netgear ADSL DG834GV2 as my first wireless router, purely to play the Wii across the Net. I am having a nightmare connecting it and have a constant amber flashing Internet light.
All cables are plugged in correctly, I have left the router to search for Ip address etc, and I have reset settings many times. Can anyone out there help as it's driving me nuts!!!!! Cheers, Dan

If your DSL light is solid and it's only the Internet light that flashes, the first suspect would have to be your ISP log in details - particularly the password. If you're 100% sure they're input correctly, you'd best telephone them to query the reasons. In the computers wireless settings, can you actually "see" the router and interface with it using Internet Explorer? Concentrate on getting everything set up using an ethernet cable for now and worry about the wireless side later but double check those ISP settings first..
[/#000ff]