SSD with 1 TB Secondary

revolver34

Honorable
Apr 21, 2012
I have a 120 GB SSD drive for Windows and other programs that I use often but my question is how to I set up the secondary drive so that I can just install stuff straight to it. I have only ever had 1 HD and not sure if the secondary needs to have program files and all that. I tried to install something to it earlier but it wouldn't let me. There is nothing on the drive its just blank.

Solution
Make sure you can see the drive in My Computer. If you can't see that 1TB, then you probably still need to initialize and format the drive.

If you can see it, then you just have to look very close at the wizard when installing the app to find the install location. Sometimes you have to select "Custom" or "administrative" or something like that, but essentially never selecting "automatic". This will let you point the install of the program to another location.

psaus

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006
Make sure you can see the drive in My Computer. If you can't see that 1TB, then you probably still need to initialize and format the drive.

If you can see it, then you just have to look very close at the wizard when installing the app to find the install location. Sometimes you have to select "Custom" or "administrative" or something like that, but essentially never selecting "automatic". This will let you point the install of the program to another location.

Solution