Deleting Windows XP "Uninstall" files

The "$NTUninstall" or "$NTServicePackUninstall" in the \windows folder
are huge. Can some of them be safely deleted?
Thanks, CMA
3 answers Last reply
More about deleting windows uninstall files

    Yes, see this link:
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/spack.htm

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]

    "cma" <cptmgt@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > The "$NTUninstall" or "$NTServicePackUninstall" in the \windows folder are
    > huge. Can some of them be safely deleted?
    > Thanks, CMA

    As I understand it, and I may be wrong, these files actually include backups
    of the original file versions, allowing for both uninstallation of the
    service pack and reversion to the original OS state. As such, you should be
    very certain that the patch is causing no problems and that you will not need
    to uninstall it. Considering this, I usually wait until a service pack or
    interim patch is proven safe, and then consider deleting the PRIOR uninstall
    files, leaving the most recent one just to be even safer.

    "cma" wrote:

    > The "$NTUninstall" or "$NTServicePackUninstall" in the \windows folder
    > are huge. Can some of them be safely deleted?
    > Thanks, CMA

    Usually most who download and install Windows Updates DO NOT Uninstall
    them. Especially Critical updates. So yes, it's safe to Delete those
    Folders.
    "cma" <cptmgt@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > The "$NTUninstall" or "$NTServicePackUninstall" in the \windows folder are
    > huge. Can some of them be safely deleted?
    > Thanks, CMA

Configuration Microsoft Windows XP