Installed Corsair H100i BUT cannot find LINK software

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainsky

Honorable
Nov 20, 2012
Greetings :hello: ,

I installed the Corsair H100i liquid cooling system a few days ago and everything seems to be working fine. I had planned on overclocking my new CPU once I could control the fans on the H100i system that you can only do through Corsair's LINK software, as I understand it.

But I cannot find this Corsair software. I googled it and I went to the Corsair site and some others too but found no LINK software to download. I did however read something about the software working with a USB configuration of some sort. I am lost on that one because there was no USB device in the H100i box, and the instructions only contain installation instructions of the device.

If someone could either provide me a link to the software to download it, or explain how the can H100i is controlled, I would be most grateful. Thanks in advance for your feedback. :ange:

Solution
from corsair website
"Built-In Corsair Link
No additional hardware is necessary – just connect the included Corsair Link cable to a USB header on your motherboard and download the free Corsair Link Dashboard software. You can monitor coolant temperature and adjust cooling performance directly from your desktop"
is this what your looking for
http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=111405

captainsky

Honorable
Nov 20, 2012

Dear Rubix,

Yes, indeed it is strange that Corsair did not include any LINK information in the instruction manual of a retail version unit.
Well, maybe that is not entirely true. On the last step of the Intel installation page there is a reference to LINK and it read likes this:"Use the included Corsair Link USB cable, attach pump unit to motherboard USB header." That's it for information on LINK, my friend! As for a disc being included, I think I would have remembered if one had come in the box, even as slow as I am. ;)

But, to be absolutely sure, let me suggest that you confirm my findings by downloading an H100i instruction manual in a pdf format and breeze through it as it is only about seven pages long for the Intel installation section.

Thanks for feedback; it is always appreciated, no matter the source. :bounce:

captainsky

Honorable
Nov 20, 2012

Hey Kiezz,

Thank so much for providing the link to to the LINK software. ;) I downloaded and installed it and that worked well, but once I opened the LINK program I find that I cannot control the fans speeds. I should point out that I am NOT using the less than the best H100i stock fans. I am actually using two distinct fans so as to determine how quiet each one is and from that I will choose the quietess fan.

One fan is the Corsair SP (Static Pressure) 120mm fan that is designed better than the Corsair stock fans because at each corner there is a piece of rubber that "dramatically" reduces vibration, or at least that is what the box states (Amazon for $15.00). I selected this fan because I read that static pressure fans are best suited for cooling radiators on liquid cooling devices; ,moreover, the SP fan is indeed very quiet.

Alas, I was hoping to add a little color glow on the top of my Corsair 600T computer case where the fans are situated and so I also bought a regular Antec TrilCool LED fan that is lacking the rubberized corners that the SP fan sports, but it is seems as quiet as the SP Fan.

I'm including the fan configuration as perhaps it is factor for why I cannot control them via the LINK program?

I clicked on each fan in LINK and brought the speed setting to "Maximum" and "Performance" but there was no change in the fan speed. Furthermore, the LINK program has assigned a maximum RPM speed that is different for each fan that is considerably lower than what the fans can actually spin at their fastest speed. The two different RPM setting for the fans indicates that the LINK program does recognize that the fans are indeed different; otherwise, both fans would have the same RPM default setting.

Let me say that I tried finding any type of manual for the LINK software and came up a number of times with the statement that NO manual exists for the LINK software.

So any suggestions on how to proceed in gaining control of my fans? Thanks for your help or anyone else that contributes feedback.

kiezz

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
yes high static pressure fans are the best for radiator cooling, I think your problem is they are 3 pin connector fans and the tricool antec fan is a case fan so I would not reccommend using that, now maybe the best option for you is to buy a cheap fan controller http://www.scan.co.uk/products/phobya-fanmax-6-controller-single-bay-525 now there is all different ones so you can check that out the other option is to buy a pwm fan which has a 4 pin connection and can be controlled from your motherboard if it has a 4 pin connection which is usually the cpu fan connector on it,
the best performing fan I know of but also expensive http://www.scan.co.uk/products/120mm-noctua-nf-f12-pwm-focused-flow-pwm-cooling-fan-quiet and maybe you won't like the colour scheme the other fans I'd recommend checking out is the be quiet fans http://www.scan.co.uk/products/120mm-be-quiet!-shadow-wings-quiet-fan-pwm-max-speed-1500rpm-noise-100-189-db(a)

captainsky

Honorable
Nov 20, 2012
Hi Kiezz,

I apologize for not responding sooner but I have been busy with school work. I appreciate your last feedback. I did check out whether the fans from the Corsair H100i were three or four pins--they were 3 pin fans, so that means all my fans in my computer r 3 pin fans. I had considered a fan controller as you suggested, but I am fortunate enough to have an ASUS P8Z77 motherboard that offers a program called Fan-Xpert that controls the speed (RPM) of all the fans installed on your computer, up to five fans. I have only four and so that works out nicely. The program runs in the background all the time so it adjusts the fan speeds as necessary and even turns off a fan or two if the temperature inside is cool enough.

I agree that I need to replace the Antec case fan above the radiator with another static pressure fan. For anyone interested, the Corsair SP 120mm fans ($14.99 on Amazon) r so quiet that even when I put my ear next to them I cannot really hear anything. I', impressed with them. Too bad there isn't a blue led static pressure fan that I could use on my system. I will have to consider other options for adding a touch more illumination to my system.

The only thing now is that I have disconnected control of the fans from the Corsair H100i unit and placed control of those fans to the motherboard. It hasn't seem to make a difference in cooling. But to be fair I haven't yet really done any intensive work or run more than one stress test. If someone reads this and thinks that this is a very bad arrangement than by all means tell why I should not keep the system configured as I do now.

Again, thanks for your help. Take care. :hello:

Status
Not open for further replies.