Fan Wrong Way?

strangesteve

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013
image-E6FE_511410F0.jpg
[/url][/img]

Please can anyone tell me if this fan setup is OK with my setup (as in my profile). There is a exhaust fan that is mounted just above the fan not shown in picture. I could not fit the fan any other way due to lack of space.

Thanks in advance for any advice

kiezz

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
is the fan blowing up to the roof one or blowing down the way I can't really tell in the picture,
blowing up torwards the roof is the best way to get the hot air out of the case

wiggbot

Honorable
Dec 22, 2012
You said the cooler would not fit in any other position. What is getting in the way of mounting it front to back blowing air towards the back of the case? From the pic, it looks perfectly doable. It may just be the pic, of course...

strangesteve

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013

Thanks for the reply. I think the fan maybe be blowing down, but I am not sure if you can advise me from this picture taken from the top exhaust vent with the exhaust fan taken out

If the fan is blowing downwards can anyone recommend that I leave the top exhaust fan out or try to rearrange the layout in some way. I did a build a few weeks ago with the lower model in the range Asus board and with the same graphics card, but had no problems putting the fan where I needed it. I maybe able to use slot 3 in the PCIe 3 but the manual recommends using slot 1 for better graphics performance.

Thanks again

kiezz

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
it looks to be blowing up the way to me which would be good, just see does anyone agree with me that its blowing up the way and make sure the top fan that you have removed for this pic is blowing air out of the case and you will be doing fine

strangesteve

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013

Thanks for looking. I think the fan I removed from the top of the Antec One case is an exhaust fan so hopefully it maybe OK. I am taking my time before I run this build properly just to make sure things are correct.

Would anyone consider that 35 Degrees is OK for the i7 on idle (Taken from bios info), or should I expect a lower temperature with this setup?