Resolution Will Not Adjust

Oral B

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
Hey everyone! So, I had to reinstall windows xp on my Dell Dimension 2400. For some reason, after the install everything is much larger than it is on my other machines, and like zoomed in a little bit. So, I tried changing the resolution, but it gives me no other options other than the one currently selected. I am signed in as an admin as well. Do I possibly need to reinstall the video driver or something? I'm not very experienced with computers so I'm not sure how to fix this. Thanks!

Solution
Yes, you will need to reinstall the drivers for the video card and other components, which will likely take care of your other posts as well.

There are two ways of doing this:

1: Use the blue drivers and utilities disc that came with the unit

or

2: Go to the Dell support site, enter in the service tag of the unit, and it will take you to a list of all the drivers for that particular unit. Optionally you can select a specific model from a list.

cl-scott

Honorable
Yes, you will need to reinstall the drivers for the video card and other components, which will likely take care of your other posts as well.

There are two ways of doing this:

1: Use the blue drivers and utilities disc that came with the unit

or

2: Go to the Dell support site, enter in the service tag of the unit, and it will take you to a list of all the drivers for that particular unit. Optionally you can select a specific model from a list.

Solution

Oral B

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
One more thing man, I just downloaded the "Broadcom Driver" for the no internet issue, and the "Intel Driver" that applies to 845 G/GL Integrated Video. There were a lot of choices, how would I know which option to choose? Thanks again.