Gigabyte 970A-UD3 chipset voltage overclock stabilization

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vulpes vulpes

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
I was disappointed about the overlcock of my AMD 965 black edition and have been combing the forums here looking for anything past threads about this sort of thing. I found an old thread about another user (not sure if it was the same motherboard) who upped the chipset voltage by .010v to stabalize his clock and gained a better fps in his games.

Is this true? Should I change the chipset voltage to improve my system performance.

my 965 is at 3.9GHz with a 2.4GHz CPU-NB. The RAM is set at it's manufacturers spec @ 1600 9-9-9-24. The video card and HT haven't been touched.

Solution
On my phenom I tried raising the chipset voltage but it never seemed to stabilize anything... often it seemed to make it worse. But its different with different systems some time. I know c2 revision/stepping chips didn't overclock as well a c3. This might be the case with you.

I'll tell you what though, you'll get more fps and you'll benefit more from a good new gpu or a good sli/crossfire setup than trying to get that extra 100-300Mhz out of your processor.

videl

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2009
On my phenom I tried raising the chipset voltage but it never seemed to stabilize anything... often it seemed to make it worse. But its different with different systems some time. I know c2 revision/stepping chips didn't overclock as well a c3. This might be the case with you.

I'll tell you what though, you'll get more fps and you'll benefit more from a good new gpu or a good sli/crossfire setup than trying to get that extra 100-300Mhz out of your processor.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.