Network crashes every time i try to transfer a file greater than 1mb

andrnat

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2010
I used to have a network direct from one computer to the other via ethernet cable. However, recently we had broadband installed and now my network goes through an Aztech router. However, although I can view both computers on both of the computers, and although pinging both computers works, for some reason every time I try to transfer more than about 1mb the network goes off, as does my router, and internet connection and the transfer fails. I am not particularly into all the tech computer terms, so please keep answers as simple as is humanly possible.

andrnat

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2010
Aztech DSL605ER. When transferring files, all lights on router go off, and power goes to red, network acts disconnected, and no internet connection, but all goes back on by itself when i cancel the transfer. I have tried forcing the spped/dupled mode to 100Mbs/full duplex, but that did nothing. We live in Papua New Guinea (although from AUstralia), so not much technical help available over here. I figured out how to get into my router (via 192.168.1.1 on a webpage), but have no idea what to do in there. Do you think it is some configuration problem in my router? When computers were networked directly wihtout the router, everything worked great.