Free case and battery with FZ20 purchase?

Last response: in Digital Camera
December 3, 2004 12:23:55 AM

Can someone provide details of this? Is it in the US, or somewhere else?
December 3, 2004 12:23:56 AM

I think you're talking about the Circuit City promotion at the address
listed below. I just bought one a few weeks ago. Love the camera, but I'm
wondering about the promotion. They say it is a $100 value for the battery
and case. Must be some case (I'm still waiting for it---14 weeks for
delivery) because the battery they sell for about $36 in store. Hope this
helps. bob

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=988...

"richard schumacher" <no-spam@thank-you.com> wrote in message
> Can someone provide details of this? Is it in the US, or somewhere else?
Anonymous
December 3, 2004 1:21:43 AM

"Robert" <robertpq@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I think you're talking about the Circuit City promotion at the address
> listed below. I just bought one a few weeks ago. Love the camera, but
I'm
> wondering about the promotion. They say it is a $100 value for the
battery
> and case. Must be some case (I'm still waiting for it---14 weeks for
> delivery) because the battery they sell for about $36 in store. Hope this
> helps. bob

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=988...

Unfortunately, the term "value" can mean just about anything.

I have an old baseball that *I* value at at least $500.
To YOU, however, it would be worth about 3 bucks.
All of those hokey "pro-kits" the magazine ads love to hype are usually
nicely packaged junk. While this may be better than junk, I would be
shocked if it was really worth $100.
Anonymous
December 3, 2004 10:33:24 AM

I got a free Panasonic with my FZ10 but I don't use it since it a perfect
fit, but the battery is worth it.

BTW, is it worth moving to the FZ20 from the FZ10? How is the electronic
view finder in low outdoor lighting. The FZ10 washes out - hard to see to
take a pic.

Thanks -

!