Revamp of older system

ben7614

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2010
Howdy all,
Im recycling some parts from my old comp to make a comp for my parents. I will be recycling a intel core 2 duo e6300 and 4gb of g.skill ddr2 800 ram, and am looking for some insight onto a quality, compatible and economical motherboard for this system. they will be using the system for internet browsing, light photo editing, and some word processing and other related functions.

I appreciate your insight

Thank you

Solution
If you need just two ram slots, then the biostar g41m7 for $39.99 shipped from newegg should work fine. It also has a rebate, but I'm not sure you'll get it. Biostar didn't mail three of mine, but changed their rebate program recently so you might get it. I have used their rma program before, and the turnaround for a board was only nine days, compared to two to three weeks for some brands.
If you need just two ram slots, then the biostar g41m7 for $39.99 shipped from newegg should work fine. It also has a rebate, but I'm not sure you'll get it. Biostar didn't mail three of mine, but changed their rebate program recently so you might get it. I have used their rma program before, and the turnaround for a board was only nine days, compared to two to three weeks for some brands.

Solution