Killing my Computer...

creativeone1

Distinguished
May 31, 2010
Hello everyone!

Could I kill my computer with static electricity ? Like I accidentaly have been playing on my carpet , built up some static electricity and touched some of my computer parts "Just to make sure it is ok and nothing is broken there" , but than , when i want to turn on my PC - Oooops , it's not working? I wonder why is that so ?

( and than my PC aint working at all )

NOTE - It didnt happen , but i want it to happen , so is it possible ?

Thanks !

erm, definitively, absolutely, completely.
Static electricity can kill your system immediately, or over time, do not do it unless you really do want to risk killing it, and in the process possibly hurt yourself.
Moto

*if you want to kill your pc, theres easier and safer ways to do it,
Why might I ask would you want to anyway?

creativeone1

Distinguished
May 31, 2010
But if I turn off electricity , I could kill myself + I need a way so that the person who will try to fix computer ( my mom will take PC to get it fixed ) wont know that I did that on purpose.

Gimme thous other ways + how to do them

creativeone1

Distinguished
May 31, 2010
Im actually quite grown up for my age .... I could get a summer job , but i wont , because I will be in hockey Camps for whole summer ( now I am having exams )
+ my brother have quite powerful laptop , but because of he being home only for weekends , I dont really got chance to play with it :D

But ok , Thanks anyway..

EDIT + what's the point of waiting ?

Patience and actually having to work towards something is a good thing, it makes you appreciate the things you earn much more than if they are handed to you.
if youd spent xxx dollars/pounds on the system you have, you wouldnt want to kill it so readily.
People on here will help you if you you try to help yourself, but not many will hand you things when they have to earn them themselves,
Take the summer job, get a budget together and we can help you build something, and youll like it a whole deal more because youve worked hard to get it,
hope to help you on that build sometime,
Moto

misry

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2006
I prefer to take them to the range with me. AR's aren't as spectacular as they just punch through. AK's and .308's show pretty holes. Beige boxes seem to present better but are getting few and far between. 9mm is good but .45 is da' bomb. Take tarps to put CRT monitors on because the glass flies, (8mmMauser will turn them to bombs).

creativeone1

Distinguished
May 31, 2010

Actually I am the kind of person who appreciate all things , and I usually try to save money , not to spend it ! But im so tired of this slow system.
When i gave my brother advice - which laptop to get - I got him such a good laptop for low price and he was suprised how slow this ( current ) pc was..

EDIT : and yea.. Guns will be too suspicious ...

I know it sucks, I, and a lot of other people on the planet would like better things.
all I can say is patience young one,
Maybe you could cut a deal with your Mom, you work and pay towards the new system, she puts in the rest, if she sees your willing to work towards it I reckon she'll appreciate your maturity and you'll have a better chance of her agreeing to it.
I must say, (apart from initial misgivings) I am impressed with your attitutude, you've been willing to speak calmly and sensibly to me over this, show the same level of maturity to Mom and you should be able to work something out.
Moto