Sign in with
Your question

Shutdown problem windows 7 64 bit

Last response: in Windows 7
October 23, 2011 8:15:37 AM

Hello,
I've noticed many users are having this or a similar problem w/ shutting down or computer won't turn off completely, then restarts by itself! It has to be a hardware problem, but I haven't been able to find a definate solution to this prob which is plaguing my new computer and another one. Hasn't anyone narrowed down what the problem is?
October 31, 2011 1:52:39 AM

Check in your BIOS and make sure that Wake on Keyboard or Wake on Mouse and Wake on LAN are disabled. That's usually the issue.
m
l
November 9, 2011 11:08:22 PM

Believe me Chicken, I've tried very common and uncommon solution to this hardware snaffu and nothing has worked. I'm not getting a straight answer from the big manufacturer's either. Gigabyte told me just to send it back RMA, woooptie-dooo!
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
November 10, 2011 2:08:23 AM

Could be mobo, power button or PSU.

If Gigabyte is willing to give you a new board, do it. It is better than not being able to get a mobo swap once you are out of warranty (then you will be really frustrated).
m
l
a c 228 $ Windows 7
November 10, 2011 11:16:58 AM

^+1

It's a PITA to swap the mobo, but less work in the long run if it fixes the problem. You could be here scratching your head for quite a while otherwise.
m
l
November 17, 2011 8:01:31 AM

.....Ahh Con--found it!!! I had all the wires tucked away so nice like. I just hate the idea of having to gut my new system already, it took me days to get it all prettied up!! Damn it Gigabyte!
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
November 17, 2011 8:08:04 AM

We all know how it feels : )
m
l
!