Hello everyone
As always I will start with my rig specs:
Phenom II x6 1055t
Scythe Mugen 2 /w two fans
Asus M4A89GTD PRO
4GB DDR3 1333MHz CL7 Kingston HyperX
HD 6850 Crossfire
Corsair 650w

I have currently got my CPU at 3.9GHz, but am desperate to squeeze as much out of it as possible, and hope to get 4GHz.
Here are my settings so far:
278 * 14 = 3.9GHz
CPU voltage is at 1.47v (I've tried higher)
RAM has to be underclocked to something like 1100MHz (This is the closest I can get it to stock speeds, the other divider is too high)
CPU/NB is at 2500MHz with 1.325v
HT link is at 2000MHz (stock?)
AMD Turbo and Cool 'n Quiet are turned off

Do these settings look good? The strange thing is, it always succeeds a Prime95 small FFT, but it always BSODs about 30 minutes into a Blend test. Any suggestions how to get it stable? Or reach 4GHz? Should I lower the HT link (Some people say this will help with high overclocks)

1000FPS

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009

Really? The RAM is currently at 1.65 (stock) and its underclocked. What should I increase the voltage to? 1.7? And when you say "a notch up on the NB voltage might help too" do you mean the CPU/NB voltage or just the NB voltage?

1000FPS

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009

I've already increased the CPU/NB voltage. Do you mean just the "Northbridge Voltage". Sorry I'm still a bit of a noob :??:

Pretty sure he means NB voltage, helps with the extra stress of higher clock speeds.

Seems your not the only one, I have a mate who has been trying to squeeze 4ghz out of his 1090T but no. :(

He has tried absolutely every possible config but 3.95ghz is the max.

Always take the stable cooler slightly lower overclock over the steaming maxed out beast.

Good luck.

1000FPS

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009

Thanks, I've just tried lowering the HT link and increasing the NB voltage to 1.3v. CPU is still at 3.9GHz
But it still crashed after 20 minutes of a blend test. But it is stable in a small FFT, so does that mean my CPU is stable? Is it something else in my system that is causing the BSODs

Small FFTs test mainly the Cache it does not stress the whole CPU to its max it does however heat the CPU up pretty good so it is good for checking the cooling system. You could be stable 8 hours running this and run Large FFT and crash in 5 minutes. The blend test tests everything RAM and full load CPU this is good for full stability check. So it could still be your CPU having issues with the overclock.

Some chips are very stubborn and just won't go over a certain speed no matter what you do.

I find OCCT crashes much quicker then Prime I hate that dam duck LOL.

TRENDING THREADS