Sign in with
Your question

Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium Question

Last response: in Components
June 6, 2010 4:21:15 PM

I think this is the one I got:
http://us.store.creative.com/PCI-Express-Sound-Blaster-...

Hey guys. I recently bought a new computer and I believe this is the very first time I have gotten a sound card. The soundblaster x-fi titanium is the card I bought.

I have been using really crappy and old logitech speakers for at least 5 years now with onboard audio. I want to experience excellent quality sound now. :) 

So my question to you is, how do I know what speakers are able to take advantage of the soundblaster x-fi titanium sound card? What important details/key words do I need to read to understand it?
Because, from what I have heard, if you have a crappy speakers but your sound card is great, you will not hear a single difference due to lame speakers.

Also, now that I'm on a tight budget here, what are some cheap speakers and headphones that will 100% take advantage of the soundblaster x-fi titanium's capabilities?

Thank you, gurus.
June 6, 2010 5:31:13 PM

A sound card works independent of the type or quality of the speakers your employ.. However, you are right by the fact that crappy speakers don't produce the advantages of a good sound card fully.. You should definitely upgrade to a better audio set.. How much is your budget and what are your listening criteria(s).. Would you like to have surround sound (games and movies) or mostly listen to music.? Assuming you are a gamer, you can go for the logitech z-5500 on the extreme high end pc audio..
m
l
June 6, 2010 6:20:16 PM

How about a maximum price of 150 dollars?

Also, can you give me some choices for both gaming and music listening?
m
l
Related resources
June 7, 2010 4:32:45 AM

I am not sure on the pricing but the logitech x-540 fits in i guess.. Its a good piece of hardware.. If you care for quality more than quantity then I'll recommend either the altec lansing MX 5021 (90W rms) or the logitech z-2300 (200W rms).. Both are 2.1 and THX certified.. I personally own the MX 5021 for the past 5 years and its awesome.. The recommendation to go for the z-2300 would come if You've a bigger room (mine is a 6 X 7)..
m
l
June 7, 2010 5:59:55 AM

If you want 100% of those capabilities you need surroundsound... Hard to get that on a budget :( 

Creative makes some nice, fairly cheap, speakers.
m
l
June 7, 2010 3:29:04 PM

you shuld relaly invest in an ASUS soundcard, because they have higher quality, plus they are little cheaper then creative.
m
l
June 8, 2010 1:22:34 AM

I'm really considering getting the Z-5500 system......
http://www.logitech.com/assets/15678/15678.png

Does it matter which speakers goes in the front or back? Like the ones covered in the black mesh should be the front speakers or the rear?
m
l
June 8, 2010 2:46:33 AM

Sorry for the double post but I just placed my order for the Z-5500.
My friend has the Samson Resolv A6 and I was wondering how the Z-5500 speakers compare to his?

Which one is higher quality and better overall?
m
l
June 8, 2010 3:44:20 PM

the quality will be better on the samson.

the bass: bass will have better quality, it wil have much better detail and sound tight and true.
but according to some reviews, it has uneven low frequency response, plus it cant hit as low as 30hz with flat frequency response, where as teh z-5500 comes in close according o toms hardware.

however it wont be as loud as the z-5500. thats about the only disadvantage i can see.
m
l
June 8, 2010 7:41:59 PM

Don't know much about the samson package but when it comes to gaming, the low frequency effects (LFEs) matter most and the sub on the z-5500 is plenty powerful enough to give you a wholesum experience.. The total package is a real winner and am sure You'll be nicely satisfied with it on any department be it games and/or movies.. I would reserve my comment on music as its a domain which is still dominated by stereo speakers (hi-fi) although i do believe the z-5500 will do a nice job there too..
m
l
June 8, 2010 11:48:37 PM

Thanks everyone for posting. I have learned a lot today because of you people. :sol:  :sol: 
m
l
June 9, 2010 7:16:26 PM

Emperus said:
Don't know much about the samson package but when it comes to gaming, the low frequency effects (LFEs) matter most and the sub on the z-5500 is plenty powerful enough to give you a wholesum experience.. The total package is a real winner and am sure You'll be nicely satisfied with it on any department be it games and/or movies.. I would reserve my comment on music as its a domain which is still dominated by stereo speakers (hi-fi) although i do believe the z-5500 will do a nice job there too..

they will be no panning on the bass, on those speakers, as al the bass is crossover, plus its a real high crossover. games are far much better if you hear panning, and directional audio, such as headphones.
m
l
!