Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Windows XP reinstall without a cd. one of the files of XP, probably win 32 got a

Last response: in Windows XP
December 7, 2012 6:41:59 AM

Hello

i bought a Dell Vostro 1500 Laptop in April 2008 with Windows XP Home Addition installed but with no CD. Recently, a virus got into a Windows file (probably win32). I mistakenly deleted the file instead of moving it to the chest. Due to this, the Avast antivirus software stopped giving online protection and i was also not able to connect to the net as i got the message that "winsock provider catalogue" is not working.

So i went to a software vendor who installed a pirated version of Windows Professional Service Pack 3 and all the original windows xp was resultantly deleted. He also installed all the required drivers. The system is now working fine but I want to reinstall my original XP. I have with me the key of my original Windows.

Is there any way i can reinstall my original windows XP through Microsoft website by using my key? If yes, can i then go to the Dell's website to install the required drivers after reinstalling the windows?

Your kind help will be highly appreciated.

Regards
Samuel

Best solution

December 7, 2012 11:09:00 AM

Quote:
Is there any way i can reinstall my original windows XP through Microsoft website by using my key? If yes, can i then go to the Dell's website to install the required drivers after reinstalling the windows?

No

I would first download the drivers from Dell and save then to a USB flash drive.

the only way is to find someone that has a copy of the OS CD, use your key during the installation, and then install the Dell drivers
December 7, 2012 12:11:08 PM

Emerald said:
Quote:

No

I would first download the drivers from Dell and save then to a USB flash drive.

the only way is to find someone that has a copy of the OS CD, use your key during the installation, and then install the Dell drivers

Thanks a lot! That would help.
m
l
December 7, 2012 12:12:09 PM

Best answer selected by Samuel Peter.
m
l
Related resources
!