Speedfan core temps

Last response: in CPUs
June 6, 2010 4:29:55 PM

I have an i3 330M CPU and my speedfan core temps are the following:

Core 0:48C
Core 1:48C
Core 2:48C
Core 3:49C

What does each core temp represent? I know core 0 and core 1 are my actual core temps, not sure about the others though.

More about : speedfan core temps

a c 159 à CPUs
June 6, 2010 5:26:41 PM

You have 4 cores on your cpu. Usually, one or two readings are higher as the unused cores run slightly cooler. Check your readings against the bios by quickly using the reset button and entering the hardware monitor section of the bios. Those readings, if accurate, are normal. I set my shutdown temp at 70c in the bios for safety.
m
l
June 6, 2010 5:32:35 PM

o1die said:
You have 4 cores on your cpu. Usually, one or two readings are higher as the unused cores run slightly cooler. Check your readings against the bios by quickly using the reset button and entering the hardware monitor section of the bios. Those readings, if accurate, are normal. I set my shutdown temp at 70c in the bios for safety.

So my 2 core can act as a 4 core? I'm a bit confused O_o
m
l
Related resources
a c 159 à CPUs
June 6, 2010 10:31:13 PM

My bad. Windows 7 also gives me 4 cores, due I guess to hyperthreading support. According to Intel specs, I also have 2 cores with the 530. It's not a problem. If you have an oem board, you may not be able to set a shutdown temp, but check your bios anyway.
m
l

Best solution

a b à CPUs
June 6, 2010 11:55:34 PM

Speedfan shows 4 different temperatures because intel's hyperthreading technology allows 2 threads per processor core. Hyperthreading fools many monitoring programs due to the 2nd thread, making it seem like the proc is actually a 4 core when it's only really a dual core. Hyperthreading basically makes each processor core more efficient...but it's still worse then adding on more cores.
June 7, 2010 12:24:18 AM

Best answer selected by exzess.
m
l
!