Antec Kühler H2O 920 Fan Replacement

NIK111

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013
I would like to replace the stock fans on my Antec Kühler H2O 920.I read on this site the Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition is good.What about the Corsair SP120 High Performance Edition.Anyone know the differance between these two fans.Also,will the Antec chill control software still be able to control the fan speed with the corsair ones installed.If there are better and quieter ones please let me know what is the best to get.Thanks..

Quiet editions fans, while also being quieter than the Performance fans (duh), are optimized for static pressure while the the High Performance ones are for CFM.
Static pressure is how hard the fan pushes the air, and CFM is how much it moves per minute. So if you have resistance to airflow (say a heatsink or radiator), a Static Pressure optimized fan is the better option. While if its in a free air-flow environment (case fan), a CFM optimized fan is the better option.

The Quiet edition Corsair fans are decent enough for radiator usage, but not as good as other fans out there.
The commonely recommended rad fans are the Noctua NF-F12's, Silverstone Air Penetrators and Scythe Gentle Typhoon's.

There wont be much difference between them considering its going on a low FPI rad, so get the one you like the look of (so that's the Noctua out :lol:) and agrees with your budget.
If budget is a concern, XSPC Xinrullian 1650 fans are a great alternative, ~$6 a fan and very nice performance for the price..