timer12

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
Hi guys, I got a friend who is going to sell me all this for $400 for my gaming computer. It this a good deal, for what I am paying? Thanks

CASE- APEVIA X-PLEASURE-BK Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case
Windows XP Professional (The ONLY windows OS i would use haha)
Pentium D CPU 3.20 GHz (with a Cooler Master Hyper L3 CPU Cooler)
ASUS P5N32-SLI DELUXE gaming motherboard
2 Gigs of Ram
EVGA Geforce 7900 GTX Overclocked Video Card (expandable to two video cards)
2 DVD/CD Drives (expandable to 4)
300GB hard drive (a total of 5 more hard drive bay slots available)
3 cooling fans that light up blue
6 USB2.0 Slots and 1 FIREWIRE 400 slot that is currently not hooked up to the mother board

xrome

Distinguished
May 4, 2008
I have a hard time endorsing anyone to buy an outdated PC
Toss another $200 in and you can build your own with current tech. And feel like a beast in doing so.

perhaps it is time for you to build your own system, timer12 ... ^_^.

or tell him to knock $100 off.

xrome

Distinguished
May 4, 2008
the video card and CPU (two of the most important parts when it comes to gaming) are old. You didn't give enough specifics about the other parts to know what they are specifically.

But again, if you're going to drop $400 on this guys used system, save up a little more and put together a nicer build yourself. This forum is full of people who will spend time helping you pick out parts that go together and give you the best price to performance possible.

if building your own system just isn't for you, and getting a used or pre-built is the only way to go, I would try negotiating with this friend of yours.

xrome

Distinguished
May 4, 2008
For the record, actually putting together a PC is basically like legos for adults. if you are paying attention, reading manuals and following advice or guides on sites like this, it's really hard to screw up.

Userremoved

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010

Well you can build one at like 12 or near that age just with an adult.