Sign in with
Your question

Unable to view share folder on my pc when type \\ ip and unable to connect share

Last response: in Networking
February 6, 2010 7:56:56 AM

Hello,
i have shared a folder on my pc , when i type \\ ip-address of my pc it dosent show me the share folder , and when try to access other pc share folder this message appeares "the network location can not be reached,for more information about network troubleshooting,see windows help" what could be the problem
Anonymous
February 6, 2010 10:23:42 AM

Try using Search to locate the other computer -- check that you have the name exactly right by looking at Control Panel, System, Computer Name.

Make sure firewalls are turned of on both computers.

If planning to use wireless I would test it with a cable connection first.

If using a cable directly between the computers, you usually need a crossover cable. If connecting through the router use a standard cable.

February 6, 2010 11:34:26 AM

Quote:
Try using Search to locate the other computer -- check that you have the name exactly right by looking at Control Panel, System, Computer Name.

Make sure firewalls are turned of on both computers.

If planning to use wireless I would test it with a cable connection first.

If using a cable directly between the computers, you usually need a crossover cable. If connecting through the router use a standard cable.

I believe he means turn the firewall off temporarily to see if that allows you to access. You should not leave the firewall off all the time, simply add the necessary items to the exception list to allow them to pass through, if that is indeed the issue.
February 6, 2010 6:20:25 PM

Thanx for reply. i have already tested by turning firewall off it didnt work.
Well the sharing was working fine before just recently i downloaded SPYBOT it work
properly for some time and after that start giving errors. i have removed SPYBOT from my pc.
Then after some time i notice that my pc is unable to open shared folders. even if i am typing \\ ip-address in my own pc its not showing any shared folder only one printer icon is there. i dont know what happend. i have several shared folders in my pc which other computers use to work with . But now other computers cant see my PC shared folders as well.
appritiate for any suggestions
!