Is my computer capable of having this feature?

Is my computer capable of having the crossfire feature of the ATI Radeon 5970 card or any other crosssfire feature in general. the specs of my computer are
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01961291&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN
6 answers Last reply
More about computer capable feature
  1. No, there is only 1 PCI E slot faster than 1X also I would expect the power supply ii unlikely to be able to power 1 5970 yet alone 2 since the system was made with integrated graphics though I can't see any spec on the PSU.
  2. the onboard crossfire of the 5970 can work, because the bridge is onboard the card, but you cant add another 5970 because ur board does not have another x16 PCI-E slot, but with a single 5970, yes both gpus will work together, another thing though you will need a mega power supply upgrade to be able to run that card
  3. According to your motherboard specs it has only one pci x16 slot. For a crossfire setup you need atleast two pci x16 slots. The ati 5970 is a powerful gpu. It needs atleast a 650 Watt or greater power supply with one 75W 6-pin and one 150W 8-pin PCI Express® power connectors.
  4. Is my computer I have right now capable of having the sound card The Creative X-Fi titaniume, Fata1ty version .
    Is my computer capable of having HDMI cable to connect my PC to my receiver. if a get atiradeon5770.
  5. You can use the HDMI audio out from a GPU, but it will ignore/bypass the Creative card. You'll also have to tell Windows to use the GPU's audio output instead of the Creative.
  6. This next topics has been merged by Mousemonkey
    Is my pc capable of having these features.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Computer Crossfire Radeon