Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Are these the correct steps in installing SRT?

Last response: in Storage
April 28, 2012 9:41:49 AM

Is this the correct way? I just don't want to make any mistakes...

1. Have both SSD+HDD plugged in
2. Setup SATA controller to Raid
3. Install Windows 7 to hard drive
4. Update chipset drivers RST drivers
5. Reboot
6. Go to RST panel
7. Dedicate entire storage to cache

a c 539 G Storage
April 28, 2012 3:39:39 PM

kennyizag said:
Is this the correct way? I just don't want to make any mistakes...

1. Have both SSD+HDD plugged in

No. Have only your HDD connected. Step 5 should be shut down pc and connect SSD.
m
l
Related resources
April 28, 2012 10:11:08 PM

My SSD is only 64GB big, would it be more beneficial to have SRT cached on the entire SSD or just not use the SRT and have the programs and OS I want installed?
m
l
a c 323 G Storage
April 29, 2012 12:07:06 AM

No, SRT is not your best choice. Use the SSD for the OS and key programs.
m
l

Best solution

April 29, 2012 12:32:30 AM

I disagree. For me, SRT is the best choice with a 60GB SSD. With a 120GB SSD using it as a boot drive would be my choice. My OS and key apps usually end up taking up more than 60GB and that is the deciding factor for me.
April 29, 2012 11:06:18 AM

Best answer selected by KennyIZaG.
m
l
April 29, 2012 11:06:55 AM

I feel that SRT would be my best choice as well, I won't have enough room for all my key programs on top of the OS.
m
l
April 29, 2012 3:17:13 PM

The first time you use your computer with the SSD set to SRT you won't notice much of a difference. Over time it will speed up your system more and more (with common tasks). Eventually common tasks will perform virtually the same as though the OS and associated apps were installed directly on the SSD while other things will at worst perform at the basic HDD speeds. The big benefit is that you won't need to worry about fitting everything in, in only 60GB. The system can worry about it for you.

Check out the following video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U83ED4FOWiw
m
l
April 29, 2012 5:13:10 PM

geogolem said:
The first time you use your computer with the SSD set to SRT you won't notice much of a difference. Over time it will speed up your system more and more (with common tasks). Eventually common tasks will perform virtually the same as though the OS and associated apps were installed directly on the SSD while other things will at worst perform at the basic HDD speeds. The big benefit is that you won't need to worry about fitting everything in, in only 60GB. The system can worry about it for you.

Check out the following video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U83ED4FOWiw

Thank you very much!
m
l
!