Sign in with
Your question

H100i problems help!

Last response: in Overclocking
February 9, 2013 2:40:12 AM

got my h100i from the egg today installed it and im running almost 40C right now with just this page up. my hyper 612 wouldve been at about 30C
i'm on stock CLOCKS!! .

tested with prime 95 and hit 100C and stopped right there!! :o 

i7 3770k
sabertoothz77
650D

mounted blowing out of case with

air flow^^^^
case --------
rad --------
fans --------

i am using AS5 thermal paste and i did it like i normally would, worked with my 612!!

tightened down in an opposite sides slowly kinda thing.

wtf is the problem?.

i thought it wasnt on tight enough so i snugged it a bit more (scared of cracking mobo-that tight!) and no improvement i opened corsairlink maxed out the fans and it only drops a little bit running idle!!

please help.

More about : h100i problems

a c 177 K Overclocking
February 9, 2013 2:51:25 AM

Assuming its mounted and hooked up correctly, sounds like a dead or weak pump. Try unplugging the fans while monitoring temps, if there is no difference then you know the water isnt circulating.

Reasons for that, its outright broken or you haven't connected it properly. From what I understand, there should be a dedicated 3pin from the CPU block that goes to the CPU_FAN header to power the pump, and a SATA connector to power the two fans which are connected to the block.
On the same line of logic, might want to check in the BIOS or any fan control programs that the CPU_FAN isn't running on low.
m
l
February 9, 2013 2:53:56 AM

yeah everything is hooked up in the corsairlink it says that the pump is at 2200 rpm the 2 fans are at 1700 rpms now... at 36 C
m
l
Related resources
a c 177 K Overclocking
February 9, 2013 3:01:24 AM

Hmmm.

Maybe a bad mount or too much thermal paste was used. Would try re-mounting it, if that doesn't work then test to see if the pump has failed.
m
l
February 9, 2013 3:01:55 AM

idk what changed but im running prime95 right now 77-84C with corsairlink and googlechrome up. but still these are stock clocks on h100i with fans on performance. shouldnt it be lower? i wanted these temps when OC'd not stock!
m
l
February 9, 2013 3:07:23 AM

manofchalk said:
Hmmm.

Maybe a bad mount or too much thermal paste was used. Would try re-mounting it, if that doesn't work then test to see if the pump has failed.

read my new post. and also, i doubt thats the problem i always take a long time to make sure i mount properly i know i might have made a mistake but i want to check all else before that because i dont really have a work space so it is difficult for me to work with it.
m
l
a c 177 K Overclocking
February 9, 2013 3:14:00 AM

Maybe its the Arctic Silver, I'v heard that it takes some time to burn in.
m
l
a c 150 K Overclocking
February 9, 2013 3:55:50 AM

manofchalk said:
Maybe its the Arctic Silver, I'v heard that it takes some time to burn in.

Not in this case...

It has to be your waterblock mounting.
m
l
!