Who can teach me to overclock?

WeedyBiscuit

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
Hi,
I would like to overclock my pc. I have failed an overclock once, and would not like to damage any parts. Is there anyone who can physically teach me to overclock. Would my local pc shop do something like that? I know people here hate geek squad, but could they help?

Thanks,
Avery

That's what overclocking guides are for, so you can teach yourself at the speed you're capable of learning, I don't know any of the Geek squad that even know what overclocking actually is, (At least not where I live!), they can barely handle what they do know, and they're not trained for overclocking, as Best Buy will not honor the liability.

Learn First, (By studying the guides specific to what you're overclocking!, Then Do!

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
Yup read up on the stickied guides and come back with any informed questions and we'll be glad to help.

Theres really no one who will teach you how to OC, especially since geek squad their typically quite incompetent from what I gather from my conversations with them when they try to "help" me when im browsing at bestbuy to kill time, and form all the horror stories I've heard from friends I know and from people online. And most businesses won't touch this subject as it's too much hassle for the money.

Oh and words of wisdom. Don't ever take anything to geek squad to be fixed their incompetent and overcharge like crazy and chances are good they won't fix it and just redo the os in hopes it works so you end up losing your data. Had a friends father I found out who took in a laptop in due to a key sticking, his son wanted to fix it by just taking out the keyboard and hitting it with compressed air and mabey cleaning it with water and let dry. Instead it went to geek squad and they finally got it back several MONTHS latter after they had reinstalled the OS, and did a lot of other useless stuff with still a key that sticks. To say the least they were not happy. My typical solution for it, compressed air, rip out battery and take off AC power and use alcohol pads to clean underneath key to remove dirt and grim (and probably food causing it to stick) and it's good in 5min tops.