Have to re-install Nvidia Drivers at every reboot

Sokoprok

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
Hi all

I have an annoying problem with my computer.

I am running an Nvidia GTS250 1GB card with Windows Vista 32-bit.

Ever since I got it I have always had to reinstall the drivers each time I rebooted otherwise certain games would not run.

Once the drivers are installed, all games run fine and there are no other issues with my computer.

The only clue I can give is that when I use the Smartscan tool on the Nvidia website, without initially installing the drivers the result comes up that my drivers are version 03.04.

Of course, I have tried uninstalling drivers and re-installing, rolling back drivers, installing older versions , etc and all to no avail.

Any help would be warmly appreciated.

Thanks in advancee

Rickee

mister g

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
Dumb question, do you press the power button and hold it until it's off? Otherwise the hard drive should save those drivers everytime it reboots.

Sokoprok

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
1.8Ghz Dual Core
4GB RAM
2 SATA HD's
Asus Nvidia GTS250 1GB
Vista Basic 32-Bit
550W PSU
Asus P5KPL-AM iG31 Socket 775 onboard VGA 8 channel audio mATX Motherboard

Let me know if there's anything else that might help..

Sokoprok

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
I'm not particulularly sure that I need to have RAID set up or that it would affect the issue that I have. The two seperate hard drives that I have aren't connected up or set to copy eachother. I use my C drive for installation of programs and games and the other is just for large files and music.

Any other idea's on what the problem might be and how I can fix it?

jasonic8

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2007
I have the same problem with GTX260 cards - I get a blank screen if I try and run certain games in full-screen untill I reinstall the graphics drivers. Then they run fine until the next boot.

Btw. I don't understand why the topic has gone onto RAID in this thread. Still, just to answer, on the Asus board I used it was a BIOS option to include SATA drives in the RAID array.

yesyes

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2010
i am using ASUS Nvidia GTS250 512mb running on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and im getting this same problem, everytime i reboot im back at 03.04, and its causing my games to run badly, anyone have any answers for this?

pilgrum90

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2011
I've got the same problem.
win7 ultimate
cpu 2600
GPU Radeon EAH HD6970 reference
C:/ OCZ vertex3 130gb??? ssd
intel 30gb ssd
I have the same problem but I think that i read some where that the card might not be seated right in the PCIe slot propperly........ not 100% sure. I i did a clean install because i was having this problem. I only really noticed the problem when I started playing bf4 I have yet to re-seat the card but i'll inform yall about the results when i do